Am I thick or just unfortunate?

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
So I was off to London today. And with the National Express costing just £8 for a single compared to the cheapest of £40 for the train I decided on the former in spite of the extra three hours it took.

Got a lift into Chester and headed to the Ampitheatre where the National Express coaches always pick up and drop off.

I've got the National Express five previous times over the past few years and that's where they arrive and depart in Chester.

Bus was at 2.05. At 2pm I thought it was all a bit quiet with only a touring coach stopping in the 15 mins I'd been there.
So for the first time I checked my ticket properly....only to see that the bus left at the main bus exhange the other side of the city.

So now I'm back home and got it all to do again tomorrow morning at a further cost of £25 to boot.

My question is....am I thick as shit for not properly checking my ticket? Or would you dear reader have also conceivably made a similar mistake?

ps Train prices take the fooking piss! Trying to get a last minute deal - and let's face it the train wouldnt be full so its extra money for them - the best I could get was £54 single.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I've really no idea mate,although you do seem to be going through something of a 'starting really shit threads' phase of late.

Oi! I dispute this. The other one was a shocker but this is pretty decent I reckon. If for no other reason it gives people a chance to chuck abuse at me in retaliation for the aforementioned shite thread.

the-jimmies-rustle-softly.jpg

Lucky Toma said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I've really no idea mate,although you do seem to be going through something of a 'starting really shit threads' phase of late.

Oi! I dispute this. The other one was a shocker but this is pretty decent I reckon. If for no other reason it gives people a chance to chuck abuse at me in retaliation for the aforementioned shite thread.

Aah - I see what you did there - the old post-modernist ironic deconstructivist pastiche of a self-worth parody thread.
Very clever.
I knew you had some hidden Machiavellian motive.

Lucky Toma said:
So I was off to London today. And with the National Express costing just £8 for a single compared to the cheapest of £40 for the train I decided on the former in spite of the extra three hours it took.

Got a lift into Chester and headed to the Ampitheatre where the National Express coaches always pick up and drop off.

I've got the National Express five previous times over the past few years and that's where they arrive and depart in Chester.

Bus was at 2.05. At 2pm I thought it was all a bit quiet with only a touring coach stopping in the 15 mins I'd been there.
So for the first time I checked my ticket properly....only to see that the bus left at the main bus exhange the other side of the city.

So now I'm back home and got it all to do again tomorrow morning at a further cost of £25 to boot.

My question is....am I thick as shit for not properly checking my ticket? Or would you dear reader have also conceivably made a similar mistake?

ps Train prices take the fooking piss! Trying to get a last minute deal - and let's face it the train wouldnt be full so its extra money for them - the best I could get was £54 single.

As the Good Book says: "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." We've all done something as daft as this! But look on the bright side: you've stuck to your guns, saved yourself the cost of a night's digs and seven quid into the bargain!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.