Amazed at the lack of activity

i could be wrong but i think hughes has made plenty of bids but teams are holding out for more money , hughes cannot expect to pay the normal value of a player even though he swears he will not be ripped off,
it happened to chelsea and it will happen to us, thats why it seems like there is not much activity.

Does anyone think that the 3 points are important on saturday and with extra players we would have a better chance of getting those 3 points?

We have not had since january 1st to get in players - this could have been done between august and december - clubs can talk to each other...

Hughes does not make the bids. He identifies the players he wants, and then Cook etc make the offer / deal with the negotiations

We've signed Bridge who is a very good player.

I agree - i am not blaming Hughes here in any way - I am merely pointing out that you think the owners/cook would have stuff sorted out before the league games start again

I know where you are coming from 555

All the pre-window hype and also the hype on here on Dec 31st was pointing to some early window transfers of some decent (not the superstars) players.

I reckon there are more posters feeling the frustration rise as each day goes by without anyone coming on-board.

But, my friend, keep patient, after all its still very early transfer window days and if we hadnt have had all the hype in the build up we would be feeling a bot less stressed!

Chippy said:
I never said anything about world class players did i?
How hard is it to master the 'quote' button?

We've signed a LB (one of our highest priorities). The transfer window has been open 1 week. We're near the bottom of the league, out of both cups, not in Europe next season and everyone in football knows we have almost unlimited funds so fees and wage demands will be astronomical.
Anyone with an ounce of business sense can figure out that it will be somewhat tricky to make a deal under those conditions, at a time of year when few big transfers ever happen. More tricky, say, than in a video game.
Patience, girls.

Yet,the season's not over.

bluesyob said:
i could be wrong but i think hughes has made plenty of bids but teams are holding out for more money , hughes cannot expect to pay the normal value of a player even though he swears he will not be ripped off,
it happened to chelsea and it will happen to us, thats why it seems like there is not much activity.

Generally agree.

I interpret the lack of action as have a number of possible causes:

1) As bluesyob suggests, offers have been made but clubs are holding out. Many of the world class players and their clubs have dismissed the bids or have refuted any bid having been made. What I don't get is the pragmatic target clubs (e.g. Blackburn, WHU etc) denying that any bid has actually been made .... which suggests a couple of other possibilities....

either

2) The 'pragmatic' targets are being put on hold whilst the owners try and work out deals with more glamorous options

or..

3) The owners are so disillusioned with the way the MH is managing that they are putting all transfer activity on ice either to see how the Jan Prem results go, or to give themselves time to line up a replacement for Hughes in order to sack him asap.

These are mere speculations... sorry if I sound conspiracy-theorist.. I'm really just kicking around options.

TBH I wouldn't have been obsessing over my PC this early in the window had it not been for the stream of (bullshit) announcements made by the club about 'early business' , 'big surprises' etc etc this Jan....

The more I reflect on it , the more I am convinced that the MCFC spin machine was behind all this crap to pacify us in an age of instant gratification and inflated expectations.
As any parent knows that is a classic recipe for trouble but these tossers don't seem to get it.

i didn't expect much activity yet to be honest. it is simply about money isn't it. the selling club will hold out for more and city will try and pay less. i understand the need for new players as soon as possible but i seriously doubt much will happen for a while yet. as is probably the case if we are after david villa. valencia know nobody else will pay what we will but they will try and get as much as they can. nothing wrong with that. but if it goes to the last day let's say they will have to accept out bid whatever it is. here's hoping so anyway

Chippy said:
I never said anything about world class players did i?
How hard is it to master the 'quote' button?

We've signed a LB (one of our highest priorities). The transfer window has been open 1 week. We're near the bottom of the league, out of both cups, not in Europe next season and everyone in football knows we have almost unlimited funds so fees and wage demands will be astronomical.
Anyone with an ounce of business sense can figure out that it will be somewhat tricky to make a deal under those conditions, at a time of year when few big transfers ever happen. More tricky, say, than in a video game.
Patience, girls.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! hilarious!

Basically IMO one of two things need to happen ASAP, and I mean ASAP (this week!)...........

OPTION A

Elano, Jo, TBH and any other trouble causers are removed from the club and all training sessions and openly added to the transfer list and offered to clubs.

Hughes' transfer list is picked back up by ADUG and at least one of his target players is bought before the Pompey game with the rest to follow (looking at injuries, as much as it hurts, this would more than likely be Bellamy).

The club then proceeds to buy the rest of his listed players and add a BIG signing to the list themselves.

OPTION B

Hughes is given the boot and a replacement comes in with his own list. The replacement obviously would be a star manager aiming to bring in world class players.

Clearly this wouldn't be done before the Pompey game, but hopefully next week and at least one, maybe even two of the star name players are added to City's team list before the end of the window. IMO these players would be a class forward like Adriano and a battling midfielder like Cambiasso (btw why isnt he being linked anymore, have I missed something?).

Just my thinking, but I think it makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.