Amazon Customer Service

So often service in UK is total crap. You can see from many posts here that Amazon genuinely try to put things right and usually succeed.
There is a lesson here for all those British companies who piss about.
1. Treat the customer with respect and not as a nuisance. Ensure your people understand they are there to help you
2. Ensure your people know their stuff and don't stick idiots in Customer service.
3. Empower your frontline staff so they can cut through, bend the rules and cancel charges if appropriate. If you sort out a customer's problem, he will remember the help, not the original problem. Customer loyalty worth its weight in gold.
Amazon do this, not rocket science is it?

So often service in UK is total crap. You can see from many posts here that Amazon genuinely try to put things right and usually succeed.
1. Treat the customer with respect and not as a nuisance. Ensure your people understand they are there to help you
2. Ensure your people know their stuff and don't stick idiots in Customer service.
3. Empower your frontline staff so they can cut through, bend the rules and cancel charges if appropriate. If you sort out a customer's problem, he will remember the help, not the original problem. Customer loyalty worth its weight in gold.
There is a certain football club I have in mind who should print your post off and have it on the walls of the supporter services offices when they are all back.

Amazon refunds was (might still be) a booming business a couple of years ago. Certain websites offered a service to get you 1/2 your money back on any purchases from Amazon if they could keep the other 1/2

I have used Amazon since 2003 and never had an issue, great service and i always wonder how the fuck can they deliver so quick......my mate who is a postman told me his teenage son got a job with them and earns more than him and loves it.
A job delivering? I’d be surprised if the earnings were that good without having to put some serious hours in. Would consider it myself if the money is that good

Always impressed with their customer service, and in fact how utterly sophisticated their app/website is.

it’s not magic of course but a whole company dedicated to the user/customer.

Virgin media on the other hand have perhaps the worst I’ve ever witnessed.
I was round the kids a month or so back trying to sort their broadband and ended up getting called a liar (the router was bricked).

Amazed at that level of service in 2021.
Told the kids mother to try one more time the next day and if as bad cancel there and then.
Same level of service the next day so she cancelled (been with them for over 15 years).

Spot on, boss.

Unlike some, Amazon don’t start with the premise that the customer is trying to pull a fast one. That means you don’t have to jump through 100 hoops. It’s inevitable they’ll get conned sometimes but clearly they‘ve worked out that the benefits of customer satisfaction and retention more than offset those losses.

We live in a highly competitive world. Any company that gives me shit service goes straight onto my permanent boycott list.

Always impressed with their customer service, and in fact how utterly sophisticated their app/website is.

I was round the kids a month or so back trying to sort their broadband and ended up getting called a liar (the router was bricked).

Told the kids mother to try one more time the next day and if as bad cancel there and then.
Same level of service the next day so she cancelled (been with them for over 15 years).
Agreed. Amazon are generally fantastic but Virgin Media (along with Scottishpower) are the worst customer services experience I have ever had. BT used to be shite but have improved a lot in terms of their broadband service at least.

I have to deal with VM customers at work, not that we are VM, but the arseholes keep sending their customers our way. I've never had them for anything and wouldn't as the amount of incompetency from them is truly staggering. I've had customers crying over being sent round and round in circles by them.

Amazon themselves are excellent and I've never had an issue that wasn't a snip to resolve. Sky CS (and NowTV) tend to be very good as well.

A job delivering? I’d be surprised if the earnings were that good without having to put some serious hours in. Would consider it myself if the money is that good
he is working in the warehouse I was told, but he does shifts, but he is only a young lad 18, single, no ties and lives at home and taking home £500+ a week .... but is dad says he likes the work and suits him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.