Amazon Prime Streaming or rather not streaming

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by Kinkys Left Foot, 14 Dec 2018.

1. Kinkys Left Foot

Kinkys Left Foot

I am currently getting my free month on Amazon Prime and am eager to watch All or Nothing.

I have an imac 27" with 12gb RAM. I'm using OS High Sierra 10.13 and the latest update of Safari as my browser and am using a 150 - 200 Mb (which is what i get according to Ookla) download broadband speed. So I think my system requirements are fine.

When I try to stream it all in get is a black screen with "Unsupported Plugin"

Safari/system preferences/websites has amazon as Autoplay On.
    Again in preferences the only listed Plugin is Flash player but I believe Amazon uses an HTML5 Plugin automatically which should be avaialble in my version of Safari. I've tried both options of flax player on and off - nothing.

I tried downloading Silverlight as an alternative Plugin but the system doesn't recognise it in Safari/system preferences/plug in - so it's downloaded but seems to only be available as a application.

It just won't play - anyone any ideas?

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Silverlight isn't standard so you need to go into security to enable it.

3. Centurions

Centurions

I'd download Chrome or Firefox and try them rather than faff about with Silverlight and Gatekeeper, Safari can be a pain in the butt even when it's "supported".

4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I watched it on Chrome. When Safari goes belly up invariably Chrome comes to the rescue!

5. TCIB

TCIB

You need to enable application storage in silverlight. You can find the settings by right clicking the video window and selecting silverlight, you should see a tab for application settings.

6. Centurions

Centurions

You first have to get Silverlight past the Gatekeeper security (presuming they do still use that). Stallone had it easier in Escape Plan.