American looking for City-Chelsea ticket

To the OP

I received an Email from City Hospitality today in response to an enquiry-

"As discussed previously here at the Etihad we are expanding the stadium this season. This has had an impact on availability, and coupled with the fact that we won the league last season means that generally the only availability we will have for individual games and multi game packages will be the City in the City package. "

City in the City package is Off Site IE coach to the Crown Plaza Hotel/ 3 course meal / Seat Level 3 half way

Prices - United £350 + VAT
Chelsea £250 + VAT

If you are interested phone Adam Beacock - +44 161 438 7893 (Direct Number).

greenfingers said:
To the OP

"As discussed previously here at the Etihad we are expanding the stadium this season. This has had an impact on availability, and coupled with the fact that we won the league last season means that generally the only availability we will have for individual games and multi game packages will be the City in the City package. "

City in the City package is Off Site IE coach to the Crown Plaza Hotel/ 3 course meal / Seat Level 3 half way

Chelsea £250 + VAT

jeez. south stand and a fish from Tony's for me.

Sorry for hi jacking the thread but can't figure out how to start my own.

I've also booked to come over from Belfast, for my sons birthday. I'd originally booked Saturday morning over, Sunday night home at 20;20. now the games been switched to 16:00 on the Sunday. I was wondering how would I be for time, to leave the ground after final whistle and get to the airport in time??

Raineygfc said:

I've also booked to come over from Belfast, for my sons birthday. I'd originally booked Saturday morning over, Sunday night home at 20;20. now the games been switched to 16:00 on the Sunday. I was wondering how would I be for time, to leave the ground after final whistle and get to the airport in time??

You should be OK..... leave on the final whistle at 17.55 ish.
If you are quick on your feet it is max 25 - 30 mins walk to Piccadilly Station (so say 18.25) and there is a train every 15 mins to the airport (or there was 3 years ago when I left!) so should easily be there by 19.00

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Raineygfc said:

If you are quick on your feet it is max 25 - 30 mins walk to Piccadilly Station (so say 18.25) and there is a train every 15 mins to the airport (or there was 3 years ago when I left!) so should easily be there by 19.00

Yep. You shouldn't have any problems as long as trains are operating as usual. And I would say the walk doesn't necessarily take even that long, obv.depends on how fast you walkl.

greenfingers said:
To the OP

Chelsea £250 + VAT

That's disappointing. I was looking forward to trying the hospitality for my birthday at the Swansea game but heard this is the only option and that's shit. The whole point imo is to be at the stadium for extended period, having lunch/drinks there and then just a smooth move to the stands.

Dunne's own goal said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Raineygfc said:

Yep. You shouldn't have any problems as long as trains are operating as usual. And I would say the walk doesn't necessarily take even that long, obv.depends on how fast you walkl.

Cheers for the help. Would it be better to get a taxi outside the ground, or is that even possible??

Raineygfc said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Cheers for the help. Would it be better to get a taxi outside the ground, or is that even possible??

Yes you can get a taxi but on the final whistle by the time you get to it, will be quicker to walk as you will be stuck in the traffic - again assuming you are fit enough to walk etc.
You could leave the game early but then someone will start a thread about people leaving early on here ;)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Raineygfc said:
Dunne's own goal said:

Yes you can get a taxi but on the final whistle by the time you get to it, will be quicker to walk as you will be stuck in the traffic - again assuming you are fit enough to walk etc.
You could leave the game early but then someone will start a thread about people leaving early on here ;)

lol I'm good to walk, tho the wee lads a moan. Train it is then, & speedy boarding passes at the ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.