Americana / alt.country thread

Just been listening to Cristina Vane's debut album, Nowhere Sounds Lovely.

She's got a great voice, wrote all 12 songs herself, plays a mean slide guitar and the lyrics reference her travels around America. I love the sound of this album, ranging from old-time country to some harder edge blues in places and also a neat bit of banjo work. Thanks to some top-notch production throughout, the way the slide guitar dovetails with her voice and the other instruments make this one of the best new albums I've heard for a while. Highly recommended.

CristinaVane.jpg

Just been listening to Cristina Vane's debut album, Nowhere Sounds Lovely.

She's got a great voice, wrote all 12 songs herself, plays a mean slide guitar and the lyrics reference her travels around America. I love the sound of this album, ranging from old-time country to some harder edge blues in places and also a neat bit of banjo work. Thanks to some top-notch production throughout, the way the slide guitar dovetails with her voice and the other instruments make this one of the best new albums I've heard for a while. Highly recommended.

View attachment 26040

Give us your 2 stand out songs please and I will give it a listen. Preferably a bluesy one.

Dave Matthews gets a lot of stick for being a bit middle of the road. Unfairly IMO.

Anyway this version of the Neil Young classic, with the legendary Warren Haynes on guitar absolute blows me away every single time.

The word ‘legend’ gets thrown around a lot, but where Haynes is concerned it’s justified.

I used to work with a woman who was as mad about Dave Matthews as MES is about Morrisey.

Currently listening to the new album, Click Click Domino, by a British husband-wife duo Ida Mae who now live in Nashville. A good mix of blues/rock/Americana.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.