Amidst all the moaning here is a simple fact!!!!!!

cleavers said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Honestly if you can't enjoy the football, the results and the players now then you probably never ever will and there are probably other less miserable things to do with your time!

I take it you didn't see the game on Sunday ?

The "moaning" as you call it, was criticism of ONE game, in which City were poor, not just in my opinion, but also that of our manager.

We played like we only needed to be on the pitch to win, and that is simply not good enough, at any level.

Fulham are a decent enough side, well organised, quite tough, but they were much more direct when passing, and were the bigger threat all afternoon. Despite stats that indicated we had far more chances, we never really created much at all, passing crab like from left to right, and back to left, Fulham often going forward with purpose as soon as they got the ball. Bellamy and Petrov swapped wings far too often, and there was little balance until (the better) Petrov went off. The team had little shape, and even MH indicated we had no "spark".

Why is criticism so hard for some people to take ? We've had a great start results wise, but so we should with this squad, its probably, on paper at least, the strongest squad in the league, but we haven't actually played that well for any length of time in any of the games.

Had our defence been slightly more disciplined, not just on Sunday when it had its worst game of the season, we'd be 1 point clear now with a game in hand, because in all the games we've NOT won, silly errors (often free headers) have cost us.

The top sides rarely if ever throw away a 2 goal lead (and yes I know full well Arsenal did it Sunday too, but its a little while since they won anything), and we're not yet the real deal yet, but personally I refuse to be told I can't criticise where I see fit, and on Sunday we were poor, and I reserve the right to say so !

Maybe those who won't criticise whatever happens, should find another mediocre team to follow, and leave City to those of us who want to our club, after years of shit, to finally be winners. We seriously have a chance to win this league this season, I know its hard for many to comprehend (me included), but that's how it is, get used to it.

On Sunday we weren't good enough all over the pitch, and the only reason we didn't lose was because they had Zamora 4 yards out, and not a striker.

good point, after 30 odd years of heartbreak (Im 56) this is our big chance to win something BIG, ADUG have shown they are happy to invest in the players, why are we fucking around with Hughes? he's a decent mgr but he's not the best, get the feeling if a top mgr came in here he could have them playing good footie in a week or two, even fuckin appy arry could do it..

playing 2 DM's at home to Fulham is daft shite IMO.

I can see where EB is coming from, there is a huge over reaction on the forum following any City Loss (loss of points) such as Fulham and a similar one thte other way when we win (Arsenal.)

We have made a good start anf ingers crossed the last 5 games have been our blip, all teams have them and if it turns out we've just been through ours with a lot of injured players then as we come out of it, the season is looking good.

sit back and enjoy the ride.

OxBlue said:
I can see where EB is coming from, there is a huge over reaction on the forum following any City Loss (loss of points) such as Fulham and a similar one thte other way when we win (Arsenal.)

We have made a good start anf ingers crossed the last 5 games have been our blip, all teams have them and if it turns out we've just been through ours with a lot of injured players then as we come out of it, the season is looking good.

I find its always best to sit back and enjoy the ride pal.............let others do the work on top ;-)

M24 said:
OxBlue said:

I find its always best to sit back and enjoy the ride pal.............let others do the work on top ;-)

Remember hearing some comedian say that foreplay is just wrestling to see who gets to go on the bottom (:-)

playing 2 DM's at home to Fulham is daft shite IMO.

Barry doesn't really play as a DM when NDJ is with him. Also, Hughes went with a front FOUR of Petrov/Ade/Tevez/Bellers so he can hardly be accused of being negative!!!

Yes, we were poor on sunday & everyone has the right to criticise the team/players/manager when that happens. What pisses me off are those on here who do nothing but criticise. Where's the fun in that? Why "support" City if you can't be positive about anything??

The transformation of our club in the last year or so is unbelievable - we should be proud of that, stay positive & enjoy the ride.

OxBlue said:
M24 said:

Remember hearing some comedian say that foreplay is just wrestling to see who gets to go on the bottom (:-)

psml
quality !!

Just realised though...........i must be shit at wrestling....hardly ever win !!

As someone said in the thread what about getting in a top manager.

Well I think the situation is that the owners see alot to like in Hughes as do most of the fans although we can see that probably at this moment he is not one of the worlds best, especially tactically.

The flip side is that he is committed to the cause and is young enough to be around to build a dynasty which is what everybody wants.

Bringing in a guy like Mourinho might be good in the short term but for how long. Arsene has already built his dynasty. Benitez no thanks.

Whether Hughes is good enough only time will tell.

EalingBlue2 said:
despite the fact we are completely rubbish, we have dropped points in two must win games and we are tactically inept with a terrible defence ......

the fact is not one single club out of the 92 league clubs has lost fewer games than us and only 2 clubs out of the 92 have only lost the once (Leeds and Charlton in Div 1)

In fact in all the major European Leagues only barca, Leverkeusen and Hamburg have not lost and only a handful more Inter, Samdoria, Juve, Werder bremen, Real Madrid and valencia have only lost once.

I doubt in the last 40 years we have been in such company and yet still you would think we were in a relegation battle if you came down from mars and read the what a lot of us are saying!
Sense.

EalingBlue2 said:
despite the fact we are completely rubbish, we have dropped points in two must win games and we are tactically inept with a terrible defence ......

the fact is not one single club out of the 92 league clubs has lost fewer games than us and only 2 clubs out of the 92 have only lost the once (Leeds and Charlton in Div 1)

In fact in all the major European Leagues only barca, Leverkeusen and Hamburg have not lost and only a handful more Inter, Samdoria, Juve, Werder bremen, Real Madrid and valencia have only lost once.

I doubt in the last 40 years we have been in such company and yet still you would think we were in a relegation battle if you came down from mars and read the what a lot of us are saying!

or to put it another way, Liverpool, Arsenal, and utd have all lost more games than we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.