Amsterdam trip. Things to do. Ajax tickets?

Glauber Berti

Being roped into a trip to Amsterdam early October (being dragged along honest) and was wondering what (apart from the obvious) there is to do in terms of sightseeing, must see places, places to drink, nights out ETC. And thought I'd come to the Oracle that is bluemoon to see if you guys had any advice.
Also, the guys want to go and experience at least one game whilst we are over there the one they've earmarked is Ajax vs PSV now would it be safe to do such a game and what process would I go about in order to get tickets for the game, are they relatively easy to come by?

Thanks in advance.

Loads to do mate, slow lunch in Dam square by walk around the camel streets to the flower market. There are some great art galleys and the smaller streets are filled with great shops. Don't get me started on the bars they're are everywhere, try Hill Street blues. The Heineken brewery is a superb trip and not too expensive.

Just don't take the train after the news today

I had a look at doing a city break to Amsterdam last season, which tied in with a Europa League game. So if you do the same do bear in mind they charge a fortune for tickets; wanted close to £60 for a Europa league game against Legia Warsaw and this was in the gods.

There is a station very close to Ajax called the Bijlmer Arena Station, you can walk in and buy them over the counter

The Heineken Music Hall is there for gigs and there are a number of restaurants around the station

Easy access from Amsterdam

For a bit of higher culture go to the Rijksmuseum to see the infamous 'The Nightwatch' (the most vandalised painting ever I think and vastly more inmpressive than the Mona Lisa) plus load of other masterpieces ...

Take one of the bubble barge canal tours once you get warmed up. Choose the emptiest one, then open up the sun roof near the back and sit on the roof smoking up, I mean soaking up the sights and atmosphere. Lasts about an hour from memory (though don't remember much) and goes out on the open sea for a bit too.

And Heineken. And other stuff.

Go to the Heineken Experience tour, about 16 euros and worth every penny. We spent about two hours wandering around and we got a couple of free beers each at the end. Its a mixture of history of Heineken along with interactive games to take part in. Keeps all ages entertained.

Canal taxi good .just jump on & of at different places ,Brewery trip great ,Anne Frank Museum .Leidseplien a great area .Local bar near the station cafe de ster full of character ,Blarney stone on Harrlem Strasse .Paddy the manager is a top blue .Trams are great value .Well worth watching Ajax email club for tickets .or at least do a tour of the ground .tram goes straight there .Loads of Bars round AMSTERDAM Square .am sure youwill enjoy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.