An achivement that no-one will break this day and age

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

We might not have a history (apparently) but we're the only team I know of that's won the top division with an English squad, I'm sure we're the only team if anyone can correct me?

all being true, but thats the modern times, foreign players.
you can also say that team wouldnt stand a chance against todays modern teams, its an absolute pointless thing to come out with, like its a badge of honour

feedthebell said:
all being true, but thats the modern times, foreign players.
you can also say that team wouldnt stand a chance against todays modern teams, its an absolute pointless thing to come out with, like its a badge of honour
No, it's History.

The same thing that we apparently lack.

C1TY4LIFE said:
We might not have a history (apparently) but we're the only team I know of that's won the top division with an English squad, I'm sure we're the only team if anyone can correct me?

Splitting hairs a bit - the first choice XI were all English but Scot Bobby Kennedy made 6 appearances that season.

lancs blue said:
C1TY4LIFE said:

Splitting hairs a bit - the first choice XI were all English but Scot Bobby Kennedy made 6 appearances that season.

When Joe Mercer heard that Bobby Kennedy had been shot(JFK's younger brother)he wanted to know why he was out on his own and not in the teams hotel(they were playing a European game at the time).

manclad said:
When Joe Mercer heard that Bobby Kennedy had been shot(JFK's younger brother)he wanted to know why he was out on his own and not in the teams hotel(they were playing a European game at the time).
Nearly. They were actually on tour in America at the time and, in the version I heard, what you quoted was the Chairman Albert Alexander's reaction when Mercer told him about Kennedy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.