An idea on how to get truly world class players to City NOW

89132756.png

Worst photoshop ever

pmsl at the replies.

To be serious about it for a minute, if you could get barca to do it, I wouldnt complain! Didn't harm the rags when they loaned Tevez for whatever amount they paid (9 mill was it? can't remember)

Not such a crazy idea for smaller leagues perhaps..

for eg.

In the A-league (australia, poor league 1 or 2 style football)
there is a salary cap in place 1.25mill pound for the 23 man squad (designed to stop teams going bust or unfair domination)

the exceptions are
Marquee spot - 1 player, who must meet FFA approved standards that can be paid outside the cap, no limits.
Youth Marquee- 1 U23 australian player to be paid up to GBP 75k (a year) to prevent talent drain.
Injury replacement- if a youth player is unavailable to replace longterm injury, a player outside the cap is allowed (loophole)

and then the relevant one

The guest player. - any player who will raise the profile of the game at any price, for up to a 9 game spell..

This is where the OP has a point.

what is better? a half-fit, old injury risked and heat affected Robbie Fowler for the 27 game season

OR

up to 9 games of the season played with a player of the calibre of Tranny or Messi??

Realistically, players of that calibre won't come at any price, but look at Eto'o with his little loan to Budonyakor in Uzbekistan.. It really is a possibility, and for smaller leagues in countries where football is trying to gain profile (Oz, USA etc) it would be a huge bonus to the season..;

Lol - I can handle the abuse... You can't be a blue all your life and not develop a thick skin.

As far as late night, drunken, "outside the box" thinking goes I don't think it's that bad ;)

The responses have made me chuckle actually, it's kind of hard to get worked up about things when the sun shines every day and beer costs €3.50 for 12 bottles.

Only bloody problem is the heat and the humidity - it's a nightmare trying to get to sleep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.