An open letter to the Mods

Genuine question. How do you become a mod? Not interested in becoming one like, (far, far too opinionated and far too little time to do that), but I was just wondering what the criteria is as I see DrSqueggy doesn't have many posts, (although I can see he has been on here a while). Who decides it and based on what?

Pigeonho said:
Genuine question. How do you become a mod? Not interested in becoming one like, (far, far too opinionated and far too little time to do that), but I was just wondering what the criteria is as I see DrSqueggy doesn't have many posts, (although I can see he has been on here a while). Who decides it and based on what?

Ric decides based upon the hard criteria of who replied to an advertisement on the forum asking for mods. I was a little different, and became one more because of my abilities with the database and forum code. The latest crop of mods became so, because the others posted in the Mod Forum about the numbers growing and only having a small number of active mods, we nominated them as a group and Ric agreed and invited some of them.
All of the mods have to be long term, sensible posters who know when banter stops and arguments begin, have good judgement, and don't mind spending their time merging/moving/warning/PMing on here for little thanks, and constant abuse.

Either that, or they have to live in Australia.*

*I stole that joke off of somebody I think, it sounds too clever for me.

Pigeonho said:

Quality not quantity.

Ric makes the final decision but in the past has asked for suggestions, people who the other mods think would be suited to the job.

*edit* Just read the above post for a much better answer :)

As pompous or attention seeking as this may seem it was a simple attempt to get a sense of what as many people as possible think of the suggestion.

If I had PM'd a Mod then it would have only been my voice and in my mind that would have been a more arrogant way of dealing with 'my complaint'.

As for piccies of naked MEN........URGH!

Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:

Ric decides based upon the hard criteria of who replied to an advertisement on the forum asking for mods. I was a little different, and became one more because of my abilities with the database and forum code. The latest crop of mods became so, because the others posted in the Mod Forum about the numbers growing and only having a small number of active mods, we nominated them as a group and Ric agreed and invited some of them.
All of the mods have to be long term, sensible posters who know when banter stops and arguments begin, have good judgement, and don't mind spending their time merging/moving/warning/PMing on here for little thanks, and constant abuse.

Either that, or they have to live in Australia.*

*I stole that joke off of somebody I think, it sounds too clever for me.

That'd be me fucked then! ;-)

Nice one for the info, and to Squeggy too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.