Ancelotti sacked: where to now?

He’s not been so good since he was at AC Milan

he won the double at Chelsea and CL with Real but a lot of poor results too. Getting sacked within a season at Bayern and Napoli suggests a problem
Not disagreeing with you on your valid observations. I will say, I think that he wants back in the PL, if for nothing else than to prove his naysayers incorrect.

He needs to go to an underperforming team with plenty of talent, who are bogged down and need things kept simple. Tottenham would've been perfect for him IMO.

Arsenal doesn't have enough talent IMO and needs upheaval. Everton may be a shout given how badly they're underachieving, despite willing to spend money.

I don't think Arsenal will pay the wages, I guess at least he has been sacked now so they don't have to pay any compo.

Found this on reddit :
A particularly damning reply from a Madrid fan in that thread:

I have been saying this since Carlo was in Madrid: he is not the coach to take teams to the highest level. He was the perfect coach to come to Madrid when he did, the team was already incredibly hungry for La Decima, however the Mou drama split the players and fanbase--the club and players needed to be reunited again and Carlo was the perfect man for the job at the time. The team was already clicking and Carlo inherited an absolute Machine with a winning at all costs mentality, and having Isco and Bale come in weren't bad additions either. However I thought we played some uninspiring football against the top teams, and Carlo had a consistently poor record against the top 6 in La Liga. We won La Decima (barely, thanks to a late corner kick to equalize), but we were unable to win the league with Carlo because the team was not performing consistently enough. In one of the seasons we threw a ~10 point lead in the second half of the season in the league to Barcelona due to Ancelotti's preference to start the same XI every game. Our players were run into the ground and eventually Barcelona caught up on a 10 point lead. Unacceptable for the team of our stature to lose that many games with so few to go.

I am one of the few/rare RM fans that was happy with Carlo's departure (at the same time grateful for all he did, but he needed to go). Once he was announced for Bayern, I predicted he would get fired relatively quickly. And he did. Ever since Bayern I was absolutely sure that he was past it. His time at Napoli reaffirms my belief that he is unable to take teams to the highest level.

Found this on reddit :

I have been saying this since Carlo was in Madrid: he is not the coach to take teams to the highest level. He was the perfect coach to come to Madrid when he did, the team was already incredibly hungry for La Decima, however the Mou drama split the players and fanbase--the club and players needed to be reunited again and Carlo was the perfect man for the job at the time. The team was already clicking and Carlo inherited an absolute Machine with a winning at all costs mentality, and having Isco and Bale come in weren't bad additions either. However I thought we played some uninspiring football against the top teams, and Carlo had a consistently poor record against the top 6 in La Liga. We won La Decima (barely, thanks to a late corner kick to equalize), but we were unable to win the league with Carlo because the team was not performing consistently enough. In one of the seasons we threw a ~10 point lead in the second half of the season in the league to Barcelona due to Ancelotti's preference to start the same XI every game. Our players were run into the ground and eventually Barcelona caught up on a 10 point lead. Unacceptable for the team of our stature to lose that many games with so few to go.

I am one of the few/rare RM fans that was happy with Carlo's departure (at the same time grateful for all he did, but he needed to go). Once he was announced for Bayern, I predicted he would get fired relatively quickly. And he did. Ever since Bayern I was absolutely sure that he was past it. His time at Napoli reaffirms my belief that he is unable to take teams to the highest level.

tbf the Napoli owner seems crazier than a box of deep fried frogs and working for a bunch of convicted crooks at Bayern is always going to a challenge and they certainly go through mangers at a rate of knots even swales would have admired.

Whilst I agree hes probably past his best reckon he could still do a good job at a decent club.

Found this on reddit :

Sounds like the Italian version of Manuel Pellegrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.