Ancient Aliens

No fish that look like that live there. They are some what aerodynamically correct. Take away some of the artistic features on the wings and they fly. Oh and no fish or instinct has stabilizers.

looks rather like a catfish to me, plecostomus is extremely common in south america.
pleco.jpg

eyes on top, antennae, gills, delta-shaped dorsal fins (underneath). the stabilisers would be the anal fins.

there are differences, the body of a pleco is longer, the anal fins are also deltas. no idea what the bit on the back is.

i suppose the question I'd ask is, why would you expect a piece of decorative art / adornment from a culture steeped in psychedelics to be an exact simulcra of the real thing?

Chick Counterfly said:
No fish that look like that live there. They are some what aerodynamically correct. Take away some of the artistic features on the wings and they fly. Oh and no fish or instinct has stabilizers.

looks rather like a catfish to me, plecostomus is extremely common in south america.
pleco.jpg

eyes on top, antennae, gills, delta-shaped dorsal fins (underneath). the stabilisers would be the anal fins.

there are differences, the body of a pleco is longer, the anal fins are also deltas. no idea what the bit on the back is.

i suppose the question I'd ask is, why would you expect a piece of decorative art / adornment from a culture steeped in psychedelics to be an exact simulcra of the real thing?

Look at the proportions of that fish. Head size vs 'wing spread'. Tail length from the anal fins. The artifacts have similar dimensions and proportions, which differ from the catfish. It could be (most likely) is some form of an artistic interpretation of a catfish or flying fish. Proportion wise it can fly and it resembles a plane more than a catfish.

Bugs Bunny said:
BulgarianPride said:
Those books sound good. On my next amazon order i will pick them up.

Things like this really make you thing. This is a star fleet?

IMAG0006.JPG

Ancient%20Airplane%20Model.jpg

If you watch the first video, you see that an exact scaled up version of these little guys can actually fly. Quite fascinating. They had the modem airplane design a few thousands of years ago.

Scaled up version. It flies !
AncientFightersRecreated.jpg

What do you guys think? Could this have been an ancient airplane? Or just some random piece of art?

Insects? Fish?
...even before ancient Sumerians others were carving out these figures & the likes depicted in flight thousands upon thousands of years ago !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.outerworlds.com/likeness/aliens/aliens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.outerworlds.com/likeness/aliens/aliens.html</a>
Had a very drunken arguement with my bro-inlaw once when i mension this theory.
basically he took the piss ,anyone got a good book i could buy to give him(just to make him think )

Dead interesting topic this one and something I have often thought about.

Some people believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe on the basis probability (billions of galaxies each containing billions of stars, some of which are orbitted by planets, some of which contain the right conditions to support life). Others go one step further and say that there is also intelligent life. If there is life in other parts of the universe, statistically, some of it must also be thousands/millions of years more advanced than earth.

Well, if the universe is of the order 14 billion years old, surely the odds of aliens visiting us 1000 years ago wouldn't be that much different than they would have been say 100 years ago?

i.e. 900 years difference compared to 14000000000 years does not seem that significant.

So for me, it would seem a remarkable coincidence that we only started getting visited in the 20th century - other than the argument about 'attracting attention to ourselves - war, radio signals etc.

If..., we have been visited at all, I think that the balance of probability is that the 'ancients' must have been visited, too?

BLOOMUEN said:

Some people believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe on the basis probability (billions of galaxies each containing billions of stars, some of which are orbitted by planets, some of which contain the right conditions to support life). Others go one step further and say that there is also intelligent life. If there is life in other parts of the universe, statistically, some of it must also be thousands/millions of years more advanced than earth.

Well, if the universe is of the order 14 billion years old, surely the odds of aliens visiting us 1000 years ago wouldn't be that much different than they would have been say 100 years ago?

i.e. 900 years difference compared to 14000000000 years does not seem that significant.

So for me, it would seem a remarkable coincidence that we only started getting visited in the 20th century - other than the argument about 'attracting attention to ourselves - war, radio signals etc.

If..., we have been visited at all, I think that the balance of probability is that the 'ancients' must have been visited, too?
Maybe they did, saw humans annihilating each other, creating new ways to kill/maim and thought "Fuck that planet"?

tueartsboots said:
BLOOMUEN said:

Maybe they did, saw humans annihilating each other, creating new ways to kill/maim and thought "Fuck that planet"?

Or maybe, they saw unintelligent beings capable of executing commands, and thought "Hey we can exploit these things until..." and got what they came for and fucked right off? Maybe they were conducting experiments and saw that it's better to leave us alone for us to discover everything step by step rather and giving us their tools.

We only have evidence of the modern human race dating back 150 000 years ago. That is fuck all in the bigger picture. We are just babies, still in the womb, what would we be capable of doing in say 1000 years from now or even 200000 to a million years? Hard to imagine. Most likely populating other planets suitable for human live, experimenting with 'less' intelligent beings than us(appearing as gods) , trying to to create hybrid babies with us and species from other planets. Going further into fantasy land, making our own suns, and planets. Creating man made supernovas, man made galaxies. Or even, man made universes. Could we be living in a universe made by some alien experiment?

Always had an inkling the Pyramids were built by/with assistance of extra terrestrials. There are carvings from ancient times of spaceships and people in space suits. Thats enough evidence for me. I've even gone one step further and thought perhaps we ourselves are alien to this planet. Those 'greys' that people report seeing, being abducted by, I have wondered if we are descendants of them, and that they come here to check up on us after thousands of years of us being here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.