And so it begins...

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ColinLee said:
Of course not, why would he want to come to the Champions, to win trophies, CL football, a fatter wage check and to play with genuinely world class players? It would make no sense whatsoever.

if i was him i wouldn't, he needs games and to play every week, not come here and sit on the bench, he aint gonna replace yaya, fernandinho, or fernando. he's at a great club who look after there youth players with a great manager.

Our record on english players isn't great either right now. everton is the best place for him

I've seen you complain before that we have too few English players, then whenever we're linked with one you are negative and say they shouldn't join us. What exactly do you want...? If you don't think we should have one of very few young English players who may have a chance here, then how can we improve our English presence?

And our record with English players who were actually decent is not as bad as made out. Lescott, Hart, Barry and Milner have all been important parts of the success. Johnson we took from the Championship and turned into an England international, despite all the exaggerations about us mistreating him. His inability to perform over 90 minutes for most of his Sunderland stay (seen any top clubs knocking for him lately?) has proven EVERYTHING Mancini thought about him to be true (good as impact sub, naff overall).

Richards and Rodwell have been crocks, no fault of City's who have given Micah more time to prove himself than most clubs would because he came from the academy (in reality he's a mid-table player nowadays and the lack of interest in him is telling... Newcastle were offered him twice and went for a Dutch defender instead). And Sinclair is just woeful.

Maybe Barkley would be one of those who could play a part if he's as good as people think he is. City certainly wouldn't spend £30m on a player now to have him play a bit part. I'm not sure he's worth what he'd cost myself, but if City wanted to invest a fortune in him it'd be for a good reason.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

r.soleofsalford said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ColinLee said:
Of course not, why would he want to come to the Champions, to win trophies, CL football, a fatter wage check and to play with genuinely world class players? It would make no sense whatsoever.

if i was him i wouldn't, he needs games and to play every week, not come here and sit on the bench, he aint gonna replace yaya, fernandinho, or fernando. he's at a great club who look after there youth players with a great manager.

Our record on english players isn't great either right now. everton is the best place for him

great throw away line by the way, even though its bollox.

we have in the past produce our fair share, the fact our scouting system was allowed to become shite halted our production line but i believe we have restarted it bigger and better than ever, we just need a while for these youngster to come through.

it will be harder now bringing kids through than in the past only because we have better player in the first team and squad. our under 17`s hold the record for most capped players coming from one club (7) in a season must give us hope that we are making great stride at producing players of the right quality
Understatement of the year perhaps...

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ColinLee said:
JamesMCFC said:
Would Barkley even come here?

Presuming Yaya is here this season (I'm thinking yes) is anyone expecting him to still be here for the following season? If he comes now he'll get games and learn from some of the best players in the world, if we buy but loan back for the season he'll be ready for the following season. Win win.

Chaka Demus & Pliers are a Jamaican reggae duo made up of deejay Chaka Demus (born John Taylor) and singer Pliers (born Everton Bonner), best known for their hit "Tease Me". As a duo, they enjoyed more commercial success with mainstream pop fans after their collaboration began in the early 1990s than either had in his previous solo career.[1]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.