And the next one. India...

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Prestwich_Blue, 5 Mar 2019.

1. BlueDejong

BlueDejong

2. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Makes sense given the population of India.

After that I think we'll probably look to Africa.

3. KS55

KS55

Not to worry. We'll soon lift it with our fake sponsorships.

4. crazyg

crazyg

Land of Hope and Glory
    Mother of the Free..............

SHUT UP!!!!!

5. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Can somebody name me a sponsor which has clearly financially benefited us since we started doing this?

I don't see it via Melbourne? I've not really seen it via New York or Girona, either?

With the possible exception of our presence in Far East/Japan, Yokohama, (Nissan spin-off) and Nexen Tires?

There seems to be a lot of outlay for very little return and plenty of aggro, certainly in terms of those who don't need any excuse to see us fall foul.

I really couldn't give a shit about moving players between countries for future sell-on. It just invites scrutiny.

China Media Capital - did that £265m just go back to our owner (not that I would begrudge him)

I suppose Puma's recent deal was attractive in the sense they will have visibility around our various clubs...

6. Zubrman

Zubrman

7. Mon Autre

Mon Autre

It probably isn't being done to benefit us though really. It's as much about the Abu Dhabi brand as anything isn't it. I tend to just ignore this side of things as to be honest. It obviously works for the owners to be getting on with it and the franchise idea is something Soriano was always mad keen to do but I can't pretend it's something I need to be getting excited about as a City fan.

8. decmancity

decmancity

Pretty much impossible for any of us to quantify the sponsorship impact surely? No one on here (well maybe there, ITK?) will know the finer details of the impact.

I see it as we keep getting more deals and our current deals arent getting cancelled so companies must be getting value out of it.

9. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

There will be one in Africa too.

10. domalino

domalino

How were you expecting to see it?

Also Nissan (majority owner of Yokohama Marinos) signed up to become a global sponsor of CFG just after we bouth the minority stake in them.