And the next one. India...

Makes sense given the population of India.

After that I think we'll probably look to Africa.

I was in Mumbai last week and watched an ISL game, Pune (managed by Phil Brown) against Dehli. It was played in front of no more than a thousand people and the standard was awful. The game’s got a long way to go there.
Not to worry. We'll soon lift it with our fake sponsorships.

Can somebody name me a sponsor which has clearly financially benefited us since we started doing this?

I don't see it via Melbourne? I've not really seen it via New York or Girona, either?

With the possible exception of our presence in Far East/Japan, Yokohama, (Nissan spin-off) and Nexen Tires?

There seems to be a lot of outlay for very little return and plenty of aggro, certainly in terms of those who don't need any excuse to see us fall foul.

I really couldn't give a shit about moving players between countries for future sell-on. It just invites scrutiny.

China Media Capital - did that £265m just go back to our owner (not that I would begrudge him)

I suppose Puma's recent deal was attractive in the sense they will have visibility around our various clubs...

Can somebody name me a sponsor which has clearly financially benefited us since we started doing this?

I don't see it via Melbourne? I've not really seen it via New York or Girona, either?

With the possible exception of our presence in Far East/Japan, Yokohama, (Nissan spin-off) and Nexen Tires?

There seems to be a lot of outlay for very little return and plenty of aggro, certainly in terms of those who don't need any excuse to see us fall foul.

I really couldn't give a shit about moving players between countries for future sell-on. It just invites scrutiny.

China Media Capital - did that £265m just go back to our owner (not that I would begrudge him)

I suppose Puma's recent deal was attractive in the sense they will have visibility around our various clubs...

It probably isn't being done to benefit us though really. It's as much about the Abu Dhabi brand as anything isn't it. I tend to just ignore this side of things as to be honest. It obviously works for the owners to be getting on with it and the franchise idea is something Soriano was always mad keen to do but I can't pretend it's something I need to be getting excited about as a City fan.

Pretty much impossible for any of us to quantify the sponsorship impact surely? No one on here (well maybe there, ITK?) will know the finer details of the impact.

I see it as we keep getting more deals and our current deals arent getting cancelled so companies must be getting value out of it.

How were you expecting to see it?

Also Nissan (majority owner of Yokohama Marinos) signed up to become a global sponsor of CFG just after we bouth the minority stake in them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.