Andres Iniesta

SamTheGuru said:
Pigeonho said:
SamTheGuru said:
Your post absolutely nails it on the head. And then you go against the entire paragraph you put together by stating that ridiculous last sentence.
I thought that as I typed it to be honest, couldn't word it any other way though as some people will have 'The Barca 3' as the top 3, some will replace one, (most likely Xavi), with Ronaldo. If there was one of the worlds top players we could snare, I believe Ronaldo would be it because he's been here before and knows he would be made the worlds top paid player, which he currently isn't. Or put another way, there is 100% no chance we would be able to sign Messi, Xavi or Iniesta, but there is possibility we could sign Ronaldo.

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. He just scored 132 bazillion goals last season and is at his peak at one of the top clubs in world football. Not even mentioning how much he would cost us.
With Ronaldo I believe there is always a chance of prising him away, if the price is right. With the 3 mentioned from barca, there is no chance.

Pigeonho said:
SamTheGuru said:
Pigeonho said:
I thought that as I typed it to be honest, couldn't word it any other way though as some people will have 'The Barca 3' as the top 3, some will replace one, (most likely Xavi), with Ronaldo. If there was one of the worlds top players we could snare, I believe Ronaldo would be it because he's been here before and knows he would be made the worlds top paid player, which he currently isn't. Or put another way, there is 100% no chance we would be able to sign Messi, Xavi or Iniesta, but there is possibility we could sign Ronaldo.

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. He just scored 132 bazillion goals last season and is at his peak at one of the top clubs in world football. Not even mentioning how much he would cost us.
With Ronaldo I believe there is always a chance of prising him away, if the price is right. With the 3 mentioned from barca, there is no chance.

I really cannot see how we would be able to afford him at this stage of our development. Plus I wouldn't want him here lol.

Matt the Giant said:
As all transfer names get their own thread, I think it's about time we give the little magician one as well.
I know most think he is one of those unattainable, and maybe that's' the case.

But what we do know for a fact, and this is confirmed by Tolmie, is that City did put in a bid for him last summer, and that bid is still laying on Barca's table.
Maybe they would have let him go back then if they had managed to sign Fabregas, which they didn't as Arsene wouldn't let him go.
But now, one year later, Fabregas move to Barcelona looks even more probable, and thus maybe, just maybe, Iniesta could be open for a move here.

Forgive me for quoting myself here, but this is what I said about Iniesta in the "Quiet" thread.

Call me an optimist, but a few facts here got me thinking:

1) Barca had a bid from us last year for Iniesta (and it's still there for grabs)
2) They have not on one single occasion rejected that offer or made it public
3) If they didn't want to sell him, we, and the world would know about it
4) If Iniesta himself had ruled out such a transfer, Barcelona would have rejected the offer and we/thge world would have known about it.
5) Silva and Iniesta are best mates. In an interview in TotalBarca, from last year Iniesta said "I love Silva and would love to play with him".
6) Iniesta has won everything and could be looking for a new challenge

Put this together with a lucrative contract from us, Silva doing his best to lure him over, - and I don't see it as entirely impossible that he will be playing for us next season

Just leave all the Barcelona players where they are, they are playing in the best team in the world and living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Why would they want to leave and come to live in Manchester?

If Iniesta decides that he wants a taste of the premier league after winning everything he can with barca then there is a possibility of us at leased giving it a good go in respect to signing him, but even then a lot hinges on if barca can get fabregas and how much persuading silva can do

AdamManCity said:
If Iniesta decides that he wants a taste of the premier league after winning everything he can with barca then there is a possibility of us at leased giving it a good go in respect to signing him, but even then a lot hinges on if barca can get fabregas and how much persuading silva can do
But whether people like it or not, if he had the choice of going from the number one club in the world to the number 2 club in the world, (United), or us, it is most likely he would go straight to United. Its like Ronaldo going from United and having another of the top 3 to choose from, (Real), or say Sevilla, who many in Spain match us with size too. He wouldn't have done that, he would have gone to Madrid if it was a choice of the 2. We ain't in the mix for that bracket of player yet, not unless we are the only players in town but even then, it would be a Robinho situation all over again where the player has basically been forced to come here because of the silly transfer fee. We don't want that. It wouldn't happen with Iniesta anyway.

mcfcliam said:
Not being rude Pidge but I think you need to get rid of the 'ickle ciddy' mentality.

Iniesta won't come, I know but we have more than enough to compete with United in the transfer market...e.g. Tevez, Silva (rumours United wanted him)
Not about likkle old City mate, i'm long enough in the tooth and savvy enough to see whats happening now to realise that. The thing is though is that if you are Andres Iniesta and play for the top, top club in world football at the moment but then decide you want to try the English league, you have every right to want to go to the current top club in that league, and that is, (and will be for some time), United. Not just talking about what they have won etc, its the club as a whole and I know City fans don't like it, but the fact is they are like Barca and Madrid in the fact they are an institution, more than a club in other words. That's how I see it anyway, but specifically for that band of player in the Iniesta bracket.

I would disagree on the marque thing, when united signed veron he was in my eyes the best all round player in the game, fortunately for whatever reason he did not suit their set up, their play and the game here. Same with Chelsea and Sheva who was arguably the world leading striker at the time. Marquee players gave signed though they have not necessarily cut it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.