Angelino 16/17

Gabriel

Perhaps it's indicative of how each fared against Swansea last night, but while Garcia now merits his own '2016-2017 performance' thread, there is no equivalent for Angelino, at least none that I can see.

For what it's worth, not a lot, I thought he just had an off night, with his first touch letting himself down on numerous occasions. He couldn't be faulted for effort, but it appeared to be one of those days when nothing seemed to go right for him. The good thing is that Guardiola will not judge him harshly on that performance and will continue to develop him.

He got a fair bit of game time and that should really benefit him. None of these young players need to be the finished article yet, all they can do is keep trying and learning.

On a different note, is this his new position now? He ended up in central midfield in one of the pre-season friendlies, having started at left back and moved to left winger.

Pep played him in a wide left midfield role so who am I to argue with him but I have always seen him as an attacking full back in the Alba mold. A key weakness stood out last night as his first touch just wasn't good enough and I have never seen his passing as great either. First start for the first team so nerves will have played a part but Pep playing him at all says a lot about his thoughts. Got an assist didn't he so something to be very pleased about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.