Animosity towards County

Cheadle Ender

Hello all, I've just read a thread from this site that was posted on a County message board and was surprised at some of the animosity aimed at us, I appreciate that it works both ways but all the blame for starting it seems to lie with us as far as you're concerned.
I have always liked and admired City and often go along to watch them if County are not playing, but let me take you back a few years. I used to go in the Sherwood before games at Maine Road and was always made to feel welcome, I went with a group of City fans from Stockport and a lot of people in the pub knew me. Things changed after we beat you the first time, I went in the Sherwood as usual, I can't remember who you were playing but people were saying that I had a nerve going in there, they'd known for years that I was a County fan, some were pretty aggressive.
The night we beat you at Maine Road, my friend's daughter was punched because she had the cheek to wear a County scarf, this is a young university student not a mouthy chav, another bunch of County fans who got off the 192 in levenshulme were savagely beaten, one had both legs broken, again these were decent people.
One thing that tickled me in the thread that had been posted on our message board was some referred to us as inbreds, most of us come from places like Heaton Moor, Bramhall, Cheadle Hulme, Marple, Woodsmoor and Romiley, all leafy suburbs and hardly dualling banjos country.
I think this whole thing has gone way too far, you're a much bigger club than us but we enjoyed our time in the sun, we'd grown up taking stick from our City and United mates and I make no apologies for enjoying it when we matched you for a while. But I wish you well and will be back at Eastlands soon supporting you as I have done for many years, just not with the passion I have for County, good luck for the future.

Cheadle Ender

every set of fans has a group of people who love violence and will target anyone who is playing thier team, just remember that a internet message board is not a true reflection of city fans feeling towards other clubs however i do believe that take away the minorty violent fans and still a large section of city fans hold bad feelings towards stockport and the reason is a lack of gratitude for all the help in the past it is a bit like if after all the money england has given 3rd world countires in aid and then just for 1 year they find them selves more wealthy than england, and instead of helping they all sit thier in thier million pound houses laughng at poor old blighty

A lot of it's mirrored in County forums mate. Seen a couple of City threads while lurking. I don't have any sort of dislike towards them myself though...

Edit:
... the 'Stockport County' and 'Ground Collection' ones.

I cannot, cannot, cannot wait for those camel herders to get bored and pull their money out one day, and they have to rely on the likes of Jamie Pollock and Andy Morrison once again.

They seriously believe City fans visiting EP should be given cushioned seats and fed grapes and wafted with big fans just for buying a couple of pre-season tickets a few years ago. What were ticket prices a few years ago. About a tenner. Oh thank you so much City fans, so generous. That's your chips and gravy money for a whole week.

We're deluded? Think we're Barcelona? This coming from the same divs stood outside Eastlands having orgasms in their Kaka shirts and Reebok classics just because there was a slight rumour printed on page 53 of the Daily Star.

The same people who think a few quid from camel sales on the other side of the world are going to get them the Prem and UEFA Cup double this season. Stoke are above them in the Prem and they're going to be heading back to Benidorm in their replica shirts again this summer rather than Istanbul.

They've scraped a second division play-off final against Gillingham in the last 7,000 years. Who do they think they are? Seriously?

We'rea bunch of think inbreds? This coming from the same lot who bellow out 'Munich' for 90 minutes during the Manc derby, when one of theirs died in the disaster as well.

Keep your dole money lads, have a bag of chips and gravy on us.

You keep it, and I'll keep that image in my head of 3,000 of your miserable shrivelled up faces stood on the Railway End at about 3.30pm on a Saturday in November 1997

i dont hate county, what i do know is county fans ahve an unhealthy jealousy of us, which is crazy because county are what they are, a small club, nothing to be ashamed of but its a fact.

I believe I posted on the thread your referring to, and like many other blues I always had a soft spot for County. Thing is, I didn't realise until we played you in competitive games, just how much hatred there was towards City. I'm not talking about County fans enjoying putting one over on their more illustrious neighbours, it went much further than that. Since then, I no longer look for your results, and you're just another club to me. Having said that, what's done is done, and I no longer bear your club any malice, and wish you well in your current plight.

what they dont realise is a lot of city fans pumped money into stockport either directly or indirectly, with some city fans going as far as sponsoring games

and what we got back for it was pisstaking....well sorry county, but who's in the shite now

and dont be expecting city fans to pull you out of this one either....i think the term used is "PISSED ON YOUR CHIPS"

I really don't get it, we used to get on pretty well until we had the cheek to enjoy beating you and it was just putting one over our illustrious neighbours, some of you make it out to be much worse but it wasn't. We'll get through our current turmoil but the next one won't be far behind, it just goes with supporting a small team. We don't expect help from our neighbours and we don't expect a Sheikh to bail us out, you lot don't know how lucky you are, don't forget you're debt was 50 times the level of ours. Anyway I'm getting drawn into squabbling here and wasn't my intention.

Cheadle Ender said:
I really don't get it, we used to get on pretty well until we had the cheek to enjoy beating you and it was just putting one over our illustrious neighbours, some of you make it out to be much worse but it wasn't. We'll get through our current turmoil but the next one won't be far behind, it just goes with supporting a small team. We don't expect help from our neighbours and we don't expect a Sheikh to bail us out, you lot don't know how lucky you are, don't forget you're debt was 50 times the level of ours. Anyway I'm getting drawn into squabbling here and wasn't my intention.

ok bye-bye then. hope you go down ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.