Annoying Ad

Damocles said:
MouldensChippy said:
Nope, I use adblock plus in my browser and 'unfortunately' don't get to see any ads. ;-)

That's very nice of you, I'm sure Ric's bank account heavily appreciates your stance. If everybody did what you did, the site would shutdown because of bandwidth costs. The ads aren't there to make money, they are there to keep the site up and Ric's family off of the breadline.

Seriously, what does it hurt you if there is an ad at the top, which you ignore anyway? As somebody who is trying to make a living from site ad revenue (not BM, a different site), I get fucked off when people block them for no reasons.

I'll do you all a deal: unblock Bluemoon ads, and if you EVER catch a virus of spyware from them, I will personally travel to your house and wipe the viruses/spyware off of your computer for free.

PMS

Im not fussed about the ads, although when I'm at work I only get ads which are in French, German or Dutch due to our Datacentre being in Frankfurt. I get the English ones at home though.

Hamann Pineapple said:
I can just picture the guy who invented Ad-Blocker sat there with his really fat children laughing at Damocles.

lol. I use an ad-blocker because I don't want to view a page full of adverts and don't want them forced on me. Simple as.

bluethai said:
Just very annoyed with the screaming sound from this ad. Anyone experienced this?

adso.gif
i don't get any ads

Sorry to have offended you, but I don't do ads. Not on TV, radio, or net if I can help it, door to door people and lealets through the door don't stand much of a chance either.

I would be happy to pay a small subscription to the site and receive no ads in return, much like I do in some other places. And yes I do know how long building and looking after websites takes after looking after one or two myself (for free with no ads).

Or how about setting up a paypal 'donate to this site' button.

Damocles said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Damocles you are such a geek.

No, I'm just sick to death that I built a pretty big site, and about 25% of my visitors use ad blocking software, which means that I get no revenue from them and will not be able to keep the site running if it gets any bigger.

How would you like it if someone walked in to your house, which you built, helped themselves to the insides of your fridge then walked out without even having the curtoesy to turn off the light behind them?
If the revenue isn't there then it's up to you if you want to continue or not, personally I never see the adds but wouldn't be bothered too much by them. I'm sure many on here appreciate the work you do and in your line of work it must be good for promoting yourself.

Damocles said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Damocles you are such a geek.

No, I'm just sick to death that I built a pretty big site, and about 25% of my visitors use ad blocking software, which means that I get no revenue from them and will not be able to keep the site running if it gets any bigger.

How would you like it if someone walked in to your house, which you built, helped themselves to the insides of your fridge then walked out without even having the curtoesy to turn off the light behind them?

You'll find the fridge light turns off itself if the person who helped themselves closes the fridge door.... or does it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.