Anonymous Twitter Account - Can i find out who is running it?

Sheriff Fatman

I'm not particularly tech savvy but there is a Twitter account which undermines some of the work I am involved in. Some of the information posted could only come from a senior position within a partner organisation or the organisation that I work for. I have my suspicions wh it is but can't prove it.

Legally no, as the only way to gain this info is to break certain laws. You would need to access his pc or work station at least. Twitter will not help.
Is the big boss aware of this twitter account? maybe he will say ok i want all work stations examined by a tech and whoever it is can pack their stuff.

See if you can find someone who can locate the IP address from which that account is logged in the most. That should be able to help locate who might be behind the account if it matches someone you work with.

I'm not particularly tech savvy but there is a Twitter account which undermines some of the work I am involved in. Some of the information posted could only come from a senior position within a partner organisation or the organisation that I work for. I have my suspicions wh it is but can't prove it.
Brick their windows.

Legally no, as the only way to gain this info is to break certain laws. You would need to access his pc or work station at least. Twitter will not help.
Is the big boss aware of this twitter account? maybe he will say ok i want all work stations examined by a tech and whoever it is can pack their stuff.

Legally I thought as much. I might try the old tried and tested method of feeding info to the suspect and hope they spout it. I expect it to be a partner organisation with their own IT set-up so our IT can't access it. Cheers anyway.

Legally I thought as much. I might try the old tried and tested method of feeding info to the suspect and hope they spout it. I expect it to be a partner organisation with their own IT set-up so our IT can't access it. Cheers anyway.

i would do that yes, make sure the big boss knows you only told him xyz.

Ferran Soriano likes this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.