Another poll: Will we finish above the rags?

Clubber said:
I don't care. As long as we finish in the top 4, i will be happy, and i think this will be enough to piss the red shite off.

It will also stand us in better for next year.

this ^, i do beleive we will finish above them but it wont be the end of the world to get 4th.

Chippy_boy said:
southern muppet said:
No. It's not impossible and I don't think we'll be far behind, but I just have the feeling we won't quite do it this year. We have all the time in the world though. Unlike that lot with their ticking debt counter and ticking years their stalwart players and gaffer have left.

If we don't, we will have really dropped the ball in my view. We are a better team than them every day of the week. We just can't quite believe it yet, but it's true.

True but the one thing they have from top to bottom is experience of finishing in the top three, and they've played together a hell of a lot longer.

We are individually better now, I agree, but we might need longer to develop those other attributes. Or we might not, teams don't always, just usually. It just makes me a bit cautious about saying we'll finish above them this season. Next season is a different story.

southern muppet said:
Chippy_boy said:
If we don't, we will have really dropped the ball in my view. We are a better team than them every day of the week. We just can't quite believe it yet, but it's true.

True but the one thing they have from top to bottom is experience of finishing in the top three, and they've played together a hell of a lot longer.

We are individually better now, I agree, but we might need longer to develop those other attributes. Or we might not, teams don't always, just usually. It just makes me a bit cautious about saying we'll finish above them this season. Next season is a different story.

It's only lack of "belief" that might prevent us from finishing above them, right? We have a better squad and better players? But they have the history of winning and the winning mentality? In short, we should finish above them, but you can't ignore the "Typical City" factor?

Well here's the thing. "Typical City" applied to the John Macken era. That era is well and truly history.

Do you think Tevez, or Adebayor or Adam Johnson, or David Silva or Patrick Vieira or Nigel de Jong or Balotelli or Boateng think for one moment about "typical City". I don't.

OK, so we still have one or two scarred by past crapness, but the vast majority of our squad are winners with winning mentality. I do not expect us to crumble this season, not for one moment.

Over the season, the good and bad luck will even out. We have a better team than them and we WILL finish above them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.