Another Record Broken

BlueTG

I haven't seen this record posted anywhere, so apologies if it has been brought up. Helps drive home what wonderful football we have watched over this season.

From the BBC

Manchester City now have three players with 15+ goals this season (Edin Dzeko 16, Sergio Aguero 17 and Yaya Toure 20). They are the first team ever in the Premier League to have three players with at least 15 goals in a single season.

BlueTG said:
I haven't seen this record posted anywhere, so apologies if it has been brought up. Helps drive home what wonderful football we have watched over this season.

From the BBC

Manchester City now have three players with 15+ goals this season (Edin Dzeko 16, Sergio Aguero 17 and Yaya Toure 19). They are the first team ever in the Premier League to have three players with at least 15 goals in a single season.

Isn't toure on 20 now?

Manchester_lalala said:
BlueTG said:

From the BBC

Manchester City now have three players with 15+ goals this season (Edin Dzeko 16, Sergio Aguero 17 and Yaya Toure 20). They are the first team ever in the Premier League to have three players with at least 15 goals in a single season.

Isn't toure on 20 now?
Actually, yes. It was drawn from the BBC feed I read over after leaving the match. I'll edit :-)

Negredo is on 9 in the league. If we gave him 6 barn doors to hit with a banjo on sunday he'd probably stay on 9. 23 goals overall.

Overall:

Aguero: 28
Dzeko: 26
Toure: 24
Negredo: 23

A hat trick from the Bosnian Diamond on Sunday would make him leading scorer.
Aguero's 17 goals in the league are from only 22 games.

Carver said:
Negredo is on 9 in the league. If we gave him 6 barn doors to hit with a banjo on sunday he'd probably stay on 9. 23 goals overall.

Overall:

I love Negredo (as a footballer - disclaimer in case this comes up in court) and marvel at his touch and vision, in fact, I love all our strikers who each bring a certain 'holistic' gathering of energy to all our games, so before I blubber up I'll end this comment as I go back to my lotus position and contemplate on the way, the way of the fourth title....

Namaste

;o)

Are you sure that the article didn't go on to say:-

"Although this is a record, it doesn't really count for anything as all the goals scored by Suarez and Sturridge for Liverpool this season have been of a much higher quality"

Carver said:

Overall:

I'd love to know his minutes played for these goals, and all of his other goals with his injury comeback cameo's, injury substitutions after a goal or just rest. I just can't find it.

BlueTG said:
Carver said:

Overall:

I'd love to know his minutes played for these goals, and all of his other goals with his injury comeback cameo's, injury substitutions after a goal or just rest. I just can't find it.

Aguero 17 goals from 1448 minutes. Strike rate 1 goal every 85 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.