another two murdered children.

Perpatrators not knowing the difference between Life and Death.

Armed gang mentality.

Dickheads.

i have always been quite liberal - however the more this shit goes on the more i am afraid to say the death penalty needs to be brought back - there is absolutely no deterrant for these sort of wankers who use knives to kill , prison is a doddle for them and just an extension to a life on benefits . i know all the pitfalls of capital punishment re unsafe convictions etc ,but i cannot honestly see any other way to treat these lawless morons ?

bronco said:
i have always been quite liberal - however the more this shit goes on the more i am afraid to say the death penalty needs to be brought back - there is absolutely no deterrant for these sort of wankers who use knives to kill , prison is a doddle for them and just an extension to a life on benefits . i know all the pitfalls of capital punishment re unsafe convictions etc ,but i cannot honestly see any other way to treat these lawless morons ?

Works like a treat in the USA, China and Russia.

bluespana said:
bronco said:

beat me to it...

bluespana said:
bronco said:

Well in terms of deterrance it's hard to say for the USA. It doesn't deter violence because those that take other's lives have long stopped caring about their own (at least in the US). Most states don't have it. Texas does and uses far more liberally than any other state that has the death penalty. We also have some of the worst violent crime in the country. Dallas, where I live, has had the highest violent crime index (rape, murder, armed robbery) in the country for the past three or four years.

I support it as long as its funded well enough to ensure the person going down is 100% without a doubt guilty.......but in the USA (especially Texas where the vast bulk of all executions happen), its shoddy and poorly funded, death row attorneys have the worst reputations out of all state defense lawyers.Then there are the occasional oddballs who go on killing sprees because they want to be famous by being executed.......so it has it's downsides as well.

Now whether or not it would deter murder in the UK is a whole other story. I'm just speaking from my experience.

chorleybloo123 said:
Isn't there a massive waiting list in America for death, in their prisons?

Anything of that magnitude will naturally have a massive amount of red tape around it. A lot of states that allow the death penalty do have death row inmates hung up in the system waiting for years. However, Texas's approach has been to cut through the red tape ASAP and fry the sucker....this could sometimes be at the expense of DNA testing or any other evidence that might be able to prove the person innocent. Texas death penalty attorneys are slimy fuckers who are just cogs in a political machine that is highly motivated to execute as soon as possible.

I'm not saying it couldn't work under ideal circumstances. But ours is a messy, shoddy system. Some horrible people who have no regard to human life have gone down but I also fear innocent people and the mentally ill have been executed too. While govenor of Texas George Dubya has the dubious honor of being the only govenor to execute someone with downs sydrome. I don't know the details on that case so it is out of context.......but it sure sounds bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.