Answer me this...

LCBblue said:
There is no excuse for today's result. I've seen comments in the match day thread about Richards being a carthorse who needs to be dropped, I've seen comments about the referee, about individual players and the likes, but there is no excuse for what has happened today.

Now, anyone who takes any notice of my posts on here will know for sure that I, in the majority am a positive poster so just this once I feel I'm entitled to have a rant about the game. So as not to delay it anymore, here is my question: Why did it take Mancini so long to realise that things weren't going our way in the second half? Ever since the kick off in the second half we were being closed down quickly, passes were being intercepted, we couldn't get our game going nor could we keep possession like we did in the first 45 minutes. So why, why, why did Mancini seemingly fail to see this? An established Premier League manager not being able to see this? Astounding.

So his clear answer was to wait until the 75th minute to throw Adebayor into the mix and then 5 minutes later to add Silva, arguably our most creative midfielder (who btw, should have been on since the start of the match in my opinion). 15 minutes for a centre forward is no time to make a positive influence on the game, neither is 10 minutes for a flair midfielder! As I said, things weren't going our way at all throughout the entire second half, so why not make a double substitution after 60 minutes? Giving them a good half hour to work their magic.

My second point I'd like an answer for is that after a good first half showing, why that ex rag turd Bruce's team talk had more of an effect than Mancini's? How is that so? After a good first 45 minutes, Mancini should be driving the team forward with real energy, urging them to go for the win and yet, Sunderland, a team who were dominated in the first half, a team with no 'superstars' or players on ludicrous wages like ourselves, manage to turn the game around completely and achieve the win? Maybe Mancini did do all that, and it just didn't show through lethargic players, but it sure as hell didn't seem that way.

Anyone with any answers?

Rant over.
it's football mate and it happens simple as that really.....could just as easily blame the result on tevez fer missing an open net in the 1st half. chelsea got beat by wigan last season and still went on to lift the prem trophy and the rags getting beat by burnley and also look at spurs yesterday getting beat at home by a wigan team that had conceded 18 goals in their previous 3 prem games.....todays result is nothing new.

Cheesy said:
calculated said:
You are wrong, the blame lies at nobody but Mancini's door.

Quelle surprise!

Calcualted in 'having a go at Mancini' shocker.

In fairness the manager & the players should not be immune to critisism.

Just as other threads are laying the blame at Richards door.

I personally believe it was both the players & Mancinis fault for not bieng effective especially in the second half.

rastus said:
Cheesy said:
Quelle surprise!

Calcualted in 'having a go at Mancini' shocker.

I personally believe it was both the players & Mancinis fault for not bieng effective especially in the second half.

I couldn't agree more, it's just that I've never seen a positive post from this particular poster.

Cheesy said:
rastus said:

I couldn't agree more, it's just that I've never seen a positive post from this particular poster.

Ah I see, makes sense now.

the over reaction on here tonight is quite frankly a joke... Monday night mancini was being hailed as the messiah and now he is just a naughty boy. I was a major critic of mancini last reason but have been very impressed by what i have seen so far this season, including today. It was the players who messed up today, not the manager. They let sunderland up the tempo of the game and lost their composure, instead of slowing it down and getting the control back we played right into sunderlands hands and try to go more direct ourselves. The reason mancini didnt change things earlier is because the options we had on the bench would only have been likely to exacerbate this problem. He decided to throw the subs on when the game plan was gone past the point of retrieval, and that was the right call in my opinion. At the end of the day though the game was lost due to two individual errors and if tevez had of taken his chance we probably would have battered them. A disappointing result but by no means a disaster

depps said:
the over reaction on here tonight is quite frankly a joke... Monday night mancini was being hailed as the messiah and now he is just a naughty boy. I was a major critic of mancini last reason but have been very impressed by what i have seen so far this season, including today. It was the players who messed up today, not the manager. They let sunderland up the tempo of the game and lost their composure, instead of slowing it down and getting the control back we played right into sunderlands hands and try to go more direct ourselves. The reason mancini didnt change things earlier is because the options we had on the bench would only have been likely to exacerbate this problem. He decided to throw the subs on when the game plan was gone past the point of retrieval, and that was the right call in my opinion. At the end of the day though the game was lost due to two individual errors and if tevez had of taken his chance we probably would have battered them. A disappointing result but by no means a disaster

Are you reading, you Know Fook Alls??

GOLD STAR to this man!!

Strange thing about Mancini is in his first games he would change systems on the fly and many made note of this. If something wasn't working, he'd have the wingers swap wings or change the formation. Now, and today was an example, he seems to have stopped doing that for some strange reason when a change of system today after Sunderland came back into the game was needed.

There is no excuse for today's result. I've seen comments in the match day thread about Richards being a carthorse who needs to be dropped, I've seen comments about the referee, about individual players and the likes, but there is no excuse for what has happened today.

Now, anyone who takes any notice of my posts on here will know for sure that I, in the majority am a positive poster so just this once I feel I'm entitled to have a rant about the game. So as not to delay it anymore, here is my question: Why did it take Mancini so long to realise that things weren't going our way in the second half? Ever since the kick off in the second half we were being closed down quickly, passes were being intercepted, we couldn't get our game going nor could we keep possession like we did in the first 45 minutes. So why, why, why did Mancini seemingly fail to see this? An established Premier League manager not being able to see this? Astounding.

So his clear answer was to wait until the 75th minute to throw Adebayor into the mix and then 5 minutes later to add Silva, arguably our most creative midfielder (who btw, should have been on since the start of the match in my opinion). 15 minutes for a centre forward is no time to make a positive influence on the game, neither is 10 minutes for a flair midfielder! As I said, things weren't going our way at all throughout the entire second half, so why not make a double substitution after 60 minutes? Giving them a good half hour to work their magic.

My second point I'd like an answer for is that after a good first half showing, why that ex rag turd Bruce's team talk had more of an effect than Mancini's? How is that so? After a good first 45 minutes, Mancini should be driving the team forward with real energy, urging them to go for the win and yet, Sunderland, a team who were dominated in the first half, a team with no 'superstars' or players on ludicrous wages like ourselves, manage to turn the game around completely and achieve the win? Maybe Mancini did do all that, and it just didn't show through lethargic players, but it sure as hell didn't seem that way.

Anyone with any answers?

Rant over.

I quite agree with everything you say.
You are right to ask these questions and ignore the rants of the apologists for mediocre performance. Mancini is passionate but he doesn't yet appreciate the passion of PL football. He has been failed by those who should know better, Platt and Kidd. Today was a match we should have won and would have IF we'd scored two goals. We SIMPLY didn't create enough when we should be scoring at least three from many opportunities.
Its all to do with attitude. City haven't yet got a killer instinct. Roll on! The best is yet is yet to come.

LCBblue said:

Anyone with any answers?

Rant over.
yes mate,no matter how much money we have,no matter how many marquee signings and world cup winners we have in our team,we will always be typical city,thats my opinion anyway. we got beat today and we`ll have more defeats along the way of this fannytastic journey we`re on ,it`s just that because the bar has been raised the defeat is harder to take. KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.