Anti Virus software

Pezzer2

Can anyone recommend the best free anti-virus software? I have paid for AVG last year and it is now expired. I have used the free AVG software in the past and have heard zone alarm is a good one.

Any ideas?

I got recommended Avast. It's free or you can pay to upgrade and it's really easy to use (must be if I manage it!). I've had no problems and it's been on my computer nearly 3years now.

Pezzer2 said:
Can anyone recommend the best free anti-virus software? I have paid for AVG last year and it is now expired. I have used the free AVG software in the past and have heard zone alarm is a good one.

Any ideas?

789 posts in over 2 years and didnt think to use the technical section.
oh well your here now, best free software as tueartsboots said is microsoft security essentials and yes, back that up with malwarebytes.
if you really want to pay, i rate eset smart security.

AVG Free 2011 is great. Really easy to use too. Does a scan everyday on mine which you can set up. Then if it finds a threat it shows you it and you can move it to a vault where it removes it for you.

Bongo Joe said:
AVG Free 2011 is great. Really easy to use too. Does a scan everyday on mine which you can set up. Then if it finds a threat it shows you it and you can move it to a vault where it removes it for you.

Cheers everyone for the advice I actually chose AVG Free edition and managed to get a free 30 day trial with the full package.

Apologies if some posters were offended for me not posting in the Technical section

I always used to use AVG but have found that it slowed my laptop on start up quite a lot. I now use Avast, I don't think there is much to choose between them. Never heard of the microsoft essentials and it isn't one that comes up on comparison sites but obviously some on here are happy with it.

I also use zone alarm free firewall with the avast and I think this covers you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.