Anti Virus Software

joe_16

Anybody got any recommendations on the best available anti virus software available on a free trial?

Honestly mate the best one is noscript addon as imo 99% of in the wild viruses are via browsers, at least injected from there. Noscript and ublock will do as good as anything.

If however you are not to net savvy or just want some blanket protection on a pc/lappy regardless of cost, cpu and ram. NOD32 or malwarebytes will do just fine along with microsofts inbuilt program.

Anybody got any recommendations on the best available anti virus software available on a free trial?
It helps if you start with what operating system you're talking about for starters ;)

If Windows 10 then use the built in Windows Defender & Windows Firewall, for the browser try something like Brave or Epic Privacy browsers.

I've not used any additional virus software since windows 10 came out.
The reason was simply because all the anti virus software i've used caused more problems than any virus could.

My data is backed up on various cloud platforms plus a raid NAS.

All i do is keep windows/defender up to date and in tens years i haven't had a single issue. I do run some free antivirus trails to see if there is anything lurking and then remove the software.

On the contrary, my "IT professional server maintenance guy" mate who constantly moans about my lack of self awareness and utter stupidity for not having additional stuff installed is constantly having attacks and software problems.

So he's either visiting dodgy sites or i'm smart enough to never open emails unless i know who it's from. (deleted many important legit emails)

Maybe i've just been lucky though...

Last edited:
Common sense is the best defence.

Windows' own AV is fine, as long as you don't go on dodgy sites, click on too good to be true banner ads, or download the latest software without checking where it's from.

Honestly mate the best one is noscript addon as imo 99% of in the wild viruses are via browsers, at least injected from there. Noscript and ublock will do as good as anything.

If however you are not to net savvy or just want some blanket protection on a pc/lappy regardless of cost, cpu and ram. NOD32 or malwarebytes will do just fine along with microsofts inbuilt program.
HI G.
Using only my phone and an android box these days, can the ones you recommend be used,?,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.