Anton Ferdinand

Will have to catch up on this. Just saw 'Ferdinand' and thought it was a programme about the other one

He got sent off at The Lane once after he had words with Ledley. SWP, Chimbonda and Zokora went absolutely ballistic with whatever Terry said. Terry at the time never said what he had said and Ledley downplayed the incident as a war of words etc

Terry was an exceptional defender but as a person you wouldn't trust him or his family. They are all wronguns. The time he was pocketing money doing tours around Stamford Bridge I'm surprised Roman didn't call the Mafia in to slap him up

What a very interesting but sad watch. The poor bloke. He was castigated for being a victim. I thought it so depressing that everything happened to him despite him not even having actually heard it himself or ever making a complaint about it himself. What should have been a heartwarming or reassuring story of decent people or person being offended by it and complaining turned into a nightmare for the poor bloke

We watched this last night and cannot help feeling nothing but sympathy for Anton and the ongoing pain he still feels. The victim should never be treated like he was. I hope he finds some solace in dealing with racism. I'm not inclined to judge his brother harshly on this.

Terry though clearly should not still be in football. He should have been thrown out.

The FA comes out of this terribly. Again they are shown up for what they are. The domain of white middle aged males. Until there is greater diversity it will never change and be a fully representative body. Shame on them.

Last edited:
Just shows you what people go through on the inside in silence & why you should never judge. Great doc & sad to see how much of his career crashed after such a high for him in that Chelsea game.

JT is a total TIT

looking at it now I’m surprised the FA found him guilty after the court case. They do deserve some credit for that but they have done zero for racism in my opinion since.

I hope Anton uses this opportunity to help young players.

Watched this last night.

Couple of things occurred to me, Terry ultimately had to apologise when the FA found him guilty so why didn't he just come out say that he was sorry from the outset? He's a knob but seems to have been badly advised.

Coincidentally (but not really a coincidence at all) Ferdinand was also really badly advised throughout.

Henry Winter hit the nail on the head, football has never got hold of racism and dealt with it effectively (a reflection on wider society?) so no one knew what to say to who and when.

Listening to the 'Kick It Out' guy and seeing the FA comments at the end it doesn't seem too much has been learned from this... except that JTIAC, but we all knew that anyway.

And people try to argue it's just a coincidence that black players don't become coaches

We watched this last night and cannot help feeling nothing but sympathy for Anton and the ongoing pain he still feels. The victim should never be treated like he was. I hope he finds some solace in dealing with racism. I'm not inclined to judge his brother harshly on this.

Terry though clearly should not still be in football. He should have been thrown out.

The FA comes out of this terribly. Again they are shown up for what they are. The domain of white middle aged males. Until there is greater diversity it will never change and be a fully representative body. Shame on them.

I'm sorry, but I disagree (but I have the misfortune to be a white middle aged male in 2020s Britain).

Now I'm no John Terry fan, but that show made me quite angry.
Was "Anton Ferdinand: Football Racism & Me" funded by my TV Licence? An in-depth analysis of John Terry racially abusing Anton Ferdinand YET Anton himself admitted that just before this happened he called Terry a cnut and an adulterer.

Racial abuse!!!? he was lucky Terry didn't punch his lights out. Since when has racial abuse become 100x worse than just abuse (using the nastiest word I know) and since when has it become necessary to make a 1 hour BBC documentary about it?

Has anyone not considered the fact that if Ferdinand had not verbally abused John Terry, then the abuse HE received back, would not have occurred? Nor indeed all that followed including the resignation of the England manager ffs.

Just typical of 2020: BLM - the BBC and the whole woke craziness that we are living through. Anton Ferdinand just playing the victim, when in fact he started it.

It's quite pathetic.

I'm sorry, but I disagree (but I have the misfortune to be a white middle aged male in 2020s Britain).

Now I'm no John Terry fan, but that show made me quite angry.
Was "Anton Ferdinand: Football Racism & Me" funded by my TV Licence? An in-depth analysis of John Terry racially abusing Anton Ferdinand YET Anton himself admitted that just before this happened he called Terry a cnut and an adulterer.

Racial abuse!!!? he was lucky Terry didn't punch his lights out. Since when has racial abuse become 100x worse than just abuse (using the nastiest word I know) and since when has it become necessary to make a 1 hour BBC documentary about it?

Has anyone not considered the fact that if Ferdinand had not verbally abused John Terry, then the abuse HE received back, would not have occurred? Nor indeed all that followed including the resignation of the England manager ffs.

Just typical of 2020: BLM - the BBC and the whole woke craziness that we are living through. Anton Ferdinand just playing the victim, when in fact he started it.

It's quite pathetic.
Yes you are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.