Any Builders know about Re-Pointing?

Phil Meup

things are gonna change - I can feel it!!!!
Been quoted £1000 for a small front wall to be repointed (approx 3 ft high), 4ft column at the end of the wall to be re-built (with existing bricks) & all of the back of the house to be re-pointed.
Does that sound reasonable or am i being ripped off?
The house is a pretty standard 3 bed semi built approx 1946.
A builder once told me if ever he was asked about a job he didn't fancy, he just put a daft price in.
Any advice much appreciated.

Phil Meup said:
Been quoted £1000 for a small front wall to be repointed (approx 3 ft high), 4ft column at the end of the wall to be re-built (with existing bricks) & all of the back of the house to be re-pointed.
A builder once told me if ever he was asked about a job he didn't fancy, he just put a daft price in.

It doesn't sound ridiculous but I would get another couple of quotes and try and get a builder who has been recommended.

pride in battle said:
Phil Meup said:

It doesn't sound ridiculous but I would get another couple of quotes and try and get a builder who has been recommended.
Thanks PiB. I've wanting it done for ages and tried to get other qoutes without success.
The column has become loose too so i need it done soon!

Phil Meup said:
pride in battle said:
Phil Meup said:

Thanks PiB. I've wanting it done for ages and tried to get other qoutes without success.
The column has become loose too so i need it done soon!

Surely someone on here can either do the job or recommend someone?? :)

Get a few quotes mate and try use someone who has carried out similar for someone you know, the usual charge will be somewhere between £17 - £23 per square metre.

I pointed the back of a Bungalow I owned once, thought I had done a pretty good job of it even though it was a bit fiddly, laughed like fuck when my mate who is a builder came round and asked if I had done it with a catapult|

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.