Any Car Mechanics on Bluemoon?

staffs_blue

I own a 52 plate Peugeot 307 2.0 HdI

I went to start it this morning and it went beserk!At first it wouldnt start,but when it did the wipers and radio kept going off and on and the fuel gauge was reading empty(I put £50 in last night).There was a ticking sound coming from the glove box,which is where the fuse box is on the 307.Then the display was telling me to the engine coolant level was low.I checked that and it was full so I put a drop of water in for good measure.

I managed to drive to my mates who is better with cars than me and he managed to get all the instruments working ok,but now the car wont lock,manually or with the key fob.

Last July I had a similar problem with the car,but that time it just wouldnt start at all.The engine had imobilised.I took it to Peugeot and they fixed it,saying it was water seeping into the fuse box from an alarm wiring which had been fitted and had blown the whole fuse box.It cost me almost £600 to have a new fuse box and to have the computer reset.

Could it be the same thing again?If it is do I have any chance of getting them 2 fix it for free as its not even 12 months since it happened before.

staffs_blue said:
There was a ticking sound coming from the glove box

fehrwj.jpg

It's a beumb.

Cheesy said:
staffs_blue said:
There was a ticking sound coming from the glove box

fehrwj.jpg

It's a beumb.

I'd quite happily let the french piece of shit blow up lol

i was just about to go and see my sister in Portsmouth aswell so i guess i'm lucky it didnt go on the M40 or something like that!

Quick update.

Went to go in the car this morning and I had been driving for 2 minutes when it fu*ked up again.My speedo and fuel gauge dont work.My lights are on,even though the switch is off,and its the same with the wipers.The on board display is telling me that the airbags are off and the power steering kept going off whilst I was driving.I have had to disconnect the battery to stop the wipers as they kept going even with the keys out of the car

HELP!!!

Did the beumb go off???

On a serious note, it sounds as thought there may be a problem with the ECU seeing as there is so much going wrong. It needs to go on to a a test bed at a garage to see what fault codes it is generating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.