Any Long-Distance Season Ticket Holders?

mancityscot said:
Blue Smarties said:
"in my opinion, we are a laughing stock. we are a joke right now, scraping through matches by the skin of our teeth, playing dire, unwatchable, dull and downright shocking football. i didnt watch the game today as i couldnt but i heard it on the radio, and going by what the commentator said, it was almost unwatchable, it was that bad. i have watched the last 6 or 7 games, and i'm sorry, i've had enough, i'm sick of it. we are beginning to look like a team that is definitely there for the taking from any team. i saw part of both the spurs and villa games today, to see how they would play against two teams down the bottom of the table, and after that, we seriously need to get our act together because there is nothing that i see in both spurs and villa that can convince me that they will fall away. they are very much up for it and you can see that they take the games by the scruff of the neck and can convincingly win against lower teams, something we find exceptionally hard to do. we will need to be on our game to compete with them both, otherwise i can see it being a failed season. we now have hard fixtures coming up now, as we have had our chance against the easier teams and haven't been able to beat them, and in some circumstances, get a draw.
i'm not convinced Mancini has the slightest of clues how to handle the english game at all, and i fear for the team if any of the rumours in the papers about player backlashes are true. i feel the decision to bring in Mancini was rushed and no thought went into it whatsoever and i'm sure hughes is feeling pretty fecked off due to the fact we are possibly playing worse with mancini as to when we were with hughes. (just how i feel). As the title says, its almost getting beyond a joke, i have no confidence in going into a game with 200MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF PLAYERS and thinking that we will convincingly win let alone win 4 or 5 nil. the confidence has left me now, and with the under performing of players e.g Ireland, who, imo has failed miserably so far this season and isn't even a patch on his former self, and is letting games pass him by. he is getting his chance and fucking it up every time. Mancini's tactics are shit and he hasnt got a clue at all"

i still support my team. we were shit in feb/ march. and it was my opinion
Supporting your team, you don't say they're an embarrassment. You stand by them like a number of blues did last night, belting out bluemoon when we let a goal in/lost. You don't, actually cbf writing the post.

500 mile round trip for me. Wouldn't change it for the world. Although last nights drive was pretty quite coming home. But its worth doing it.

Should be moving down to Devon later this year (Plymouth) and am keeping the ticket. This is gonna be a 560+ round trip!!!!!

Think checking the plane time might be a good idea

mcfcliam said:
LOL

mancityscot, didn't you also admit to me you loved Old Trafford and it's a fantastic arena?

Please don't an ST, good lord NO!

& so it is.
The history, the heritage, the museam, the facitities for supporters.

It is a disgrace that an Ashes Test wasnt played there.

I had one for three years from Craigavon, and three of my mates still do, (although one of them cheats by staying with his parents in Oldham at times).
Just had an equal pay settlement that gives me an extra £100+ per month, and had thought about renewing for next year, but the back pay hasnt been paid yet and my annual increase is out to negotiating so might use that money for our european tour instead.

Attended all but 1 of the Home Games (except Fulham Cup Game) and most away games (except Burnley) and have been travelling from Kent Coast (550 mile round trip) for part of the time, but work takes me to New York alot, so had over 19 return flights to and from NY to London/Mcr, so a rough total for this season has been 115,000 miles to and from the US and about 10,000 - 15,000 miles within the UK. I would be interested to know if there is anyone who has travelled more miles.

For what it's worth, i want to keep Mancini. We have only had 5 months of him and is not fair to completely judge him in that time. I just want us to have come continuity - for someone of proven previous ability, which Bobby Manc absolutely has - allow him to start to create his OWN team and then give him time to make that team work.

Rednapp came into a developing team and has had 2 years to stamp his own imprimatur, trade and bring in some more players who he knows will be able to work to his vision. The money is irrelevent. Its about people. I hope Khaldoon gives mancini exactly the same - time, support and backing.

I have made all but 3 home games this season travelling from Abu Dhabi, i have been working out here now for 12 months and plan on being out here for the next couple of years. i have now got the family out here and me, my other half and my little boy have just renewed for next year!

hoping to make at least 50-60% of the home games next season (fingers crossed) as i wouldn't want to miss to much of what promises to be our successful season in our recent history.

I think we need to keep Mancini, we need stability we cannot keep sacking managers, i feel given time and a few of his own signings he will come good.

anyway better sign off as i am up at 0500 to the airport for the morning flight back to Abu Dhabi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.