Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

I thought Fowler and McManaman were taking the piss out of Keegan and the club whilst they were here - on massive wages and both well past their sell by date. Neither gave 2 fucks about the club or the fans.
Common thread there….!

Otamendi. Sounds like he's doing great for Benfica and he was supposedly world class that one season for Valencia but he was god awful for us. Made a nice highlight tackle because he'd spend entire games chasing the ball down like an excitable French bulldog but more often than not put himself on his arse when there was no need.

The main reason why he was seen as a success in our 100 point season was because we had the best midfield trio in English football history and we were spared from relying on his unique brand of defending for the vast majority of the season.

Went down like a sack of shit a few times when someone like Mandzukic beat him to the ball in the air. That was both embarrassing and infuriating.

Seems weird that I see way more people refering to him as The General now that he's left. Awful nickname which is totally at odds with not only his immaculately trimmed beard but with his total and utter lack of composure. "Catnip" would be more suitable.

The thread is not about hating....it's not rating players others do/did.
Most posts name players that most didn't rate!!

Rosler & Goater ......scored goals but totally gash footballers,no better than national league standard.

Dickov......absolutely shite player, just scored one of the most important goals ever.
Think that's harsh on Uwe and the Goat. Some elements of their games might have been National League standard, but overall I'd say they were Championship level. However, if they were being employed solely as finishers then perhaps they could be rated slightly higher.
As for Dickov, my point was that his more important goal wouldn't have been required had he done his job throughout the previous two seasons.
And sorry about my use of the word "hate". I thought it was in the opening post: It wasn't but was used in a couple of early replies.

Since the takeover absolutely despised Caballero, Jovetic, Bony, Garcia, Bridge, Clichy, Nolito, not sure anyone rated them though.

Lot of fucking morons on this thread who thought the title was "another excuse to moan about Sterling"

90% of City fans seem to absolutely hate the bloke at this point so why they think this is an appropriate place to bring him up is beyond me.

Last edited:
KDB… goes missing in the big games. Would swap him for prime yaya toure any day.
Don’t get me wrong he’s one of our best players but I just feel he’s over rated.

Factually speaking, that's phenomenally unfair. Don't have a list of all his assists so let's look at goals alone vs the big teams...

1 vs United
2 vs Liverpool
1 vs Barcelona
1 vs Real Madrid
3 vs PSG
4 vs Chelsea
5 vs Arsenal
3 vs Spurs
2 vs Leicester
1 vs Dortmund
1 vs Sevilla
1 vs Lyon
1 vs Gladbach

From a midfielder whose main job is not to score, those are great numbers that suggest to me he's very reliable in the big games.

Got to say, never saw the Kelechi hype either. It was like he was our great hope.

Think we'd be miles better off with him in the squad now ironically. And watching him at Leicester I don't think he'd have any trouble with the passing/dribbling side either, he's arguably better at that than most of our current forwards.

Just don't think there's a single City player this applies to for me. The closest current one would be Grealish except I do rate him, so to say I don't would be an exaggeration- I just don't think he's quite as good as a lot of people want him to be, and even then that's only probably 60% of people, certainly not everyone.

Just in general I think if there's a City player that almost everyone except you thought was good, you most likely just don't know what you're talking about. Which is why this thread seems to have become the "name a player you don't like" thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.