Any Snowboarders?

Churchill123

So absolutely typical, been watching some of the winter olympics and loving the snowboarding and think i'd love to have ago, but like so many other sports i've started then gradually lost interest and binned off having spent an absolute fortune on all the best gear..

So i assume snowboarding is the same - expensive to buy all the gear?

Dry slopes a good way of trying it, or better to go to one of those indoor snow places like X center ?

Go skiing instead, it's more civilised & you won't spend half your time on you arse.

Get down to the chill factore. Real snow. And yeah skiing is more fun if u are starting.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 am --<br /><br />Get down to the chill factore. Real snow. And yeah skiing is more fun if u are starting.

guy I know even older than me says he does both; I am still skiing on my classic cut Dynastar Course slalom skis (which gives my game away) and whilst you can ski with a little more refinement than snowboard, I'm told if you get a good teacher & get with the differences required to snowboard, apparently you can avoid all the 'humping' around and bruises that many early adopters had to endure when trying to pick this one up.

Tried it once and was in so much pain after a day I ended up going back to skiing. This Aussie winter I'm going to give it another try though. I'm learning to surf at the moment so hopefully I have the balance thing down pat by the time I try snowboarding again.

If you've never done either, snowboarding is by far the quickest way to hit the slopes. You can buy used boards for under a hundred bucks and with an old set of bindings just use sorrels for footwear. A one hour lesson and the rest of the day practicing you'll be ripping it up. Twenty times longer for skiing

idahoblues said:
If you've never done either, snowboarding is by far the quickest way to hit the slopes. You can buy used boards for under a hundred bucks and with an old set of bindings just use sorrels for footwear. A one hour lesson and the rest of the day practicing you'll be ripping it up. Twenty times longer for skiing
Picked up skiing within 2 minutes. Couldn't snowboard to save my life. I have no balance although I'm working on it.

foetus said:
idahoblues said:
Picked up skiing within 2 minutes. Couldn't snowboard to save my life. I have no balance although I'm working on it.
I'm shocked and stunned. I've been skiing an average of 75 days a year for the last 25 years. Maybe because I still try and improve to this day at skiing I was reallyt surprised how easy I found snowboarding...remember speed saves

Tried both, prefer skiing as its much easier and spent less time on my arse. I'd recommend spending a bit of time somewhere like the chill factore, just a couple of lessons so you can master the basics so you're not wasting precious time learning how to stand/stop on an expensive ski holiday.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 am --<br /><br />
idahoblues said:

I'd say the exact opposite is the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.