Anybody worried about our rivals?

Barcon said:
El Mago said:
With the addition of Herrera and Mata ( I know they got him in January) and a fit Van Persie, United will be favourites with Chelsea.

You said last year that it was between Chelsea and the scum as to who had the strongest squad.
Something is obscuring your view when it comes to the scum.

His moniker should be Magoo not Mago and Senor not el.

Only Chelsea concern me. Mourinho always wins the league in his second season at a club.

It will be a huge accomplishment if we can retain the title.

Chelsea are the danger but have a lot more question marks over their squad than we do over ours. Arsenal still have an unbalanced squad with no top level centre forward and a lack of bite in midfield. United can be written off for the title - their challenge is to get back in the top four and that is their realistic limit and Liverpool similarly have to try and consolidate in the top four, can't see a title challenge from them. I would make us favourites from Chelsea and the others nowhere.

Yes very, worryingly.

Arsenal look sharp. Rags do. Even Tot. Liverpool might sign Reus yet.

Ive watched all our friendlies and have to admit that we are a few weeks off yet with it starting in 2....

BlueTaylor91 said:
Yes very, worryingly.

Ive watched all our friendlies and have to admit that we are a few weeks off yet with it starting in 2....

Not even subtle.

Not worried in the slightest.

We were the best team / squad last season and we now have a stronger team / squad.

Mangala and Fernando make us better defensively.

Caballero and Sagna gives us great depth in important positions.

Jovetic is basically a 'new' signing and if he stays fit he'll be a 20+ goals a season man.

Lampard (if he comes) adds further quality and most importantly vast experience.

It looks like we have everything covered and a very impressive mixture of tools to get whichever job is in front of us done.

I think we'll win the title and beat the 95 points record. I also think we'll get to at least the quarters in the CL and have a very good chance of winning the thing.

If I compare our squad / team now to the one we had when we first won the league, the current one is far better.

BlueTaylor91 said:
Yes very, worryingly.

bobbins wumming.

Couldn't care less about our rivals, they can do as they please. We are obviously stronger than last year, when we were the best team in the league by a distance, so I'm not worried. We added in the positions we needed and our manager has a year of the league under his belt, none of our players are a dangerous age, so I can't see any problems at all.

All 4 of our rivals look volatile, like they could break if the going gets tough. Both Mourinho and Van Gaal are time bombs, Arsenal are always choke artists and Liverpool have a naive manager and have lost their best player and replaced him with a raft of midtable players. Maybe we won't win the league next year, maybe we will, but we look far better set up in the long haul than all our rivals, so there's nothing to worry about at all imo.

I'm an eternal pessimist, but I'm more than happy with the business we've done this summer. We're the reigning champions and have added to the squad where needed. We only required minor tweaks, and I wouldn't bet against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.