Anyone been to Nerja?

stonerblue said:
Dunno how many are going but the first accommodation i saw was this and at 150 a wek it looks pretty damn good. Might even have a bit of this meself

http://www.nerjatoday.com/nerjaholidayrentals/

LOL thanks for that - Im sitting here going cross eyed looking at all these places - they all look pretty good and plenty to choose from just need to get a better grip on locations etc

think some local knowledge might help - manchesterchica any recommendations?

it depends what kind of place you´re looking to stay in and i´m not sure what kind of budget you´re on, but im assuming you want to be right in the centre? some websites can be misleading and you can end up staying right out of town and not being able to get anywhere. ok, a few recs..

http://www.hotelbalconeuropa.com/english/index.html this one is no doubt the most central you´re gonna get - right on the Balcon de Europa and smack in the centre of all shops, restaurants. downside is, it´s absolutely full of tourists and all i seem to see is OAP coach holidays coming and going at the entrance. it´s quite expensive, too, and i´ve heard the food isn´t up to much for the money you´re paying. upsides are - you have no walking to do at all, you´re basically on the main street. you´ll no doubt have a sea view from your room and you get your own beach below the hotel. and a pool. it´s done up pretty posh, and everyone seems to want to stay there.

http://www.hostalmiguel.com/ this place is a ´hostal´.. but the spanish hostals aren´t the same concept as they are everywhere else. they´re basically like small family-run hotels, with character. this one is run by some friends of mine. my family stayed there when they came to visit me in feb. it´s pretty and done up in andalucian style. it´s reasonably priced and you´re still right in the centre, on the main street where the restaurants and shops are. you can get a nice balcony on your room with views to the mountains. they´re really friendly and will do anything for you. this would be my top rec.

http://www.riu.com/es/Paises/espana...S_Riu_Monica&gclid=CLTynajRyaECFRaZ2Aodxmr6dw a little further from the main shopping streets, but still in the ´centre´, and closer to Plaza Tutti Frutti (nightlife). more restaurants down this end and again, got everything you need around you. right by the seafront. it looks impressive and modern, it´s probably the biggest hotel in nerja, i think? i´ve never been in but plenty of people stay there and i´ve never heard a bad thing about it.

hope this helps a bit - if you need any other suggestions, let me know!

manchesterchica said:
http://www.riu.com/es/Paises/espana...S_Riu_Monica&gclid=CLTynajRyaECFRaZ2Aodxmr6dw a little further from the main shopping streets, but still in the ´centre´, and closer to Plaza Tutti Frutti (nightlife). more restaurants down this end and again, got everything you need around you. right by the seafront. it looks impressive and modern, it´s probably the biggest hotel in nerja, i think? i´ve never been in but plenty of people stay there and i´ve never heard a bad thing about it.
We stayed there. Very nice and just far enough away from the centre (whereas the Balcon is right in the centre) not to be too noisy. Very well run hotel.

manchesterchica said:
Foe23 said:
Manchesterchica we must have met as I’m over quite often, are you Nicks other half? I have just booked with my wife and children for the October holidays and hopefully i'll sneak over with some fellow blues for a weekend in September like we did last year. Give Brian & Danny in el bosque regards from Dean.

we must have done! i used to live on torrecilla beach so it´s more than likely. but i´m not nicks other half!
will tell them you said hello.. although he refused to speak to me when city beat villa! ;)

uncle fester - i can give you some hotel recs if you want. if you don´t fancy a hotel, there´s a heap of hostels around that are just as nice, if not nicer. let me know what kind of place you´re after !!

That's where I have my apartment opposite the Mirasol. We will have to meet up (not many of us blues in Nerja) I’m out in October with the family. If I can pull it out of the bag I’m coming out with some fellow blues in September,as I did last year, 8 of us were in El bosque for the old Trafford derby, going mental one minute and ….well you know the rest :-(

I agree with some of the other posters U/Fester, the RIU is a really nice hotel its about 100m further along the beach from me.

Foe23 said:
manchesterchica said:
we must have done! i used to live on torrecilla beach so it´s more than likely. but i´m not nicks other half!
will tell them you said hello.. although he refused to speak to me when city beat villa! ;)

uncle fester - i can give you some hotel recs if you want. if you don´t fancy a hotel, there´s a heap of hostels around that are just as nice, if not nicer. let me know what kind of place you´re after !!

That's where I have my apartment opposite the Mirasol. We will have to meet up (not many of us blues in Nerja) I’m out in October with the family. If I can pull it out of the bag I’m coming out with some fellow blues in September,as I did last year, 8 of us were in El bosque for the old Trafford derby, going mental one minute and ….well you know the rest :-(

I agree with some of the other posters U/Fester, the RIU is a really nice hotel its about 100m further along the beach from me.

that´s a nice spot to have a place, foe. i used to live in the edificio opposite Smugglers Inn just up the main road. bit of a shithole but served me well. i´m now right up the other end of town. you´re right - there´s not many of us blues here at all. in fact, i only know one other guy who goes to el bosque absolutely religiously. would be nice to get together there!

Where`s el bosque ?
i used watch the footy in DB`S or a bar in Burrianna beach.

talking of bars,used love my late afternoon walks to tapas bars.
El rincon del sabor
La puntilla
Los Cunaos
El chispa

Do you residents frequent these establishments(the bar maid in el rincon is a star )

sky tot said:
Where`s el bosque ?

El rincon del sabor
La puntilla
Los Cunaos
El chispa

Do you residents frequent these establishments(the bar maid in el rincon is a star )

DB´s is just down the road from my apartment! walk past it everyday on my way to work. El Bosque is on Calle Castilla Perez on the corner by the big EuroAsia shop.

to be honest with you i dont have a clue where any of those places are, but in fairness im not a big tapas eater, and i don´t really know places by names, more by where they are! where are they, out of interest? ive been to a few places including La Taberna, which is also really nice for an evening meal.. have you been there?

manchesterchica said:
sky tot said:
Where`s el bosque ?

El rincon del sabor
La puntilla

DB´s is just down the road from my apartment! walk past it everyday on my way to work. El Bosque is on Calle Castilla Perez on the corner by the big EuroAsia shop.

to be honest with you i dont have a clue where any of those places are, but in fairness im not a big tapas eater, and i don´t really know places by names, more by where they are! where are they, out of interest? ive been to a few places including La Taberna, which is also really nice for an evening meal.. have you been there?
those bars i mentioned are close to La taberna.
never been in there,but heard its nice food.we stayed last year in the Carabeo apptmts,opposite joeannes caf`e. i recommend these apptms to the OP ,they are i think a great central location.wish i was there now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.