Anyone clued up on ebay?...

Crooked_rain

Team supported
Man City
The question is a bit specific and I couldn't really find many answers on Google or eBay..

I bought some thing last week and it didn't work when it arrived, so I requested a refund and the seller was being a bit of a knob about it at first and then he went silent for about six days and didn't respond to my refund request, so it went to an eBay case which went in my favour so I can return the item and get a refund. That part is all OK...

I've posted the item to him and obviously you have to add the tracking so eBay can authorize the refund when it arrives back to the seller, which ive done.

My question as what if the seller refused delivery of the package when it comes to their door? I don't know if they will but i can see something like that happening. He seems like a bit of a prick and rather petty.

I just wonder if eBay will still issue my refund if the tracking shows the item was attempted to be delivered?

As far as I know DPD attempt to deliver a few times and then just leave it at a parcel shop for the receiver, so I'm assuming that counts as delivered anyway.

The question is a bit specific and I couldn't really find many answers on Google or eBay..

I bought some thing last week and it didn't work when it arrived, so I requested a refund and the seller was being a bit of a knob about it at first and then he went silent for about six days and didn't respond to my refund request, so it went to an eBay case which went in my favour so I can return the item and get a refund. That part is all OK...

I've posted the item to him and obviously you have to add the tracking so eBay can authorize the refund when it arrives back to the seller, which ive done.

My question as what if the seller refused delivery of the package when it comes to their door? I don't know if they will but i can see something like that happening. He seems like a bit of a prick and rather petty.

I just wonder if eBay will still issue my refund if the tracking shows the item was attempted to be delivered?

As far as I know DPD attempt to deliver a few times and then just leave it at a parcel shop for the receiver, so I'm assuming that counts as delivered anyway.

As long as you have provided tracking then you're sweet, you'll get the refund mate it's out of the sellers hands.

Next time take the initiative and don't wait for six days for a response. I always push sellers to get something resolved even if it was for tat that I bought for under £15.

Make sure to cite consumer rights legislation, specifically CRA 2015 and "satisfactory quality".

I got a defective item a few months ago, which on googling it afterwards, it was obvious it was a cheap fake product that wasn't designed to work. The seller offered me a partial refund, cheeky bastard. I held firm and eventually I got all my money back and the defective product didn't need to be returned.

You need to show them that you can't be messed around early on and they shouldn't try to string you along. If they do it plays into your hands with eBay.

Next time take the initiative and don't wait for six days for a response. I always push sellers to get something resolved even if it was for tat that I bought for under £15.

Make sure to cite consumer rights legislation, specifically CRA 2015 and "satisfactory quality".

I got a defective item a few months ago, which on googling it afterwards, it was obvious it was a cheap fake product that wasn't designed to work. The seller offered me a partial refund, cheeky bastard. I held firm and eventually I got all my money back and the defective product didn't need to be returned.

You need to show them that you can't be messed around early on and they shouldn't try to string you along. If they do it plays into your hands with eBay.

Also never go off site to resolve a situation, keep it in house through ebay emails.

I've had cases recently and eBay have always 100 % found in the buyers favour regardless of circumstances. It's the seller's money they're using to refund so it looks good on them
Your case is clear cut in your favour as the seller has accepted a refund.

Last edited:

I did....

They ignored me for 6 days, I messaged every day via ebay trying to resolve it but they ignored me every day since I requested a refund via the option.

But If they don't respond to the refund request within 6 days then you can take it to a case, which I did.

The fella was a bit of a shithouse because I offered to take it back personally and get the money but that's when he stopped replying to messages.

Either way, should be OK, ebay rightly went in my favour so it should be fine. My question was really if my package will not be marked as delivered if he refuses the package or something.

I did....

They ignored me for 6 days, I messaged every day via ebay trying to resolve it but they ignored me every day since I requested a refund via the option.

But If they don't respond to the refund request within 6 days then you can take it to a case, which I did.

The fella was a bit of a shithouse because I offered to take it back personally and get the money but that's when he stopped replying to messages.

ebay will just refund you, after you opened the case all you had need to do is just wait for the refund mate. Make sure you leave a bad review on the sellers page if he has been an arse.

Last edited:
I've had cases recently and eBay have always 100 % found in the buyers favour regardless of circumstances. It's the seller's money they're using to refund so it looks good on them
Your case is clear cut in your favour as the seller has accepted a refund.

Yes, all the power is with the buyer on eBay annoyingly. I sell a few items and it's ludicrous who they sometimes side with.

Somebody 'bought' something off me a while back but didn't pay and wanted to collect and pay on collection. Told them I didn't do collection but I'd try and sort something. Didn't get a reply off the buyer and didn't hear anything off them for a week until a case was brought against me!!! Ultimately the case was dropped as they hadn't paid but they were still allowed to leave feedback on an item they didn't even purchase!!!! Obviously if they've brought up a case against me it isn't going to be positive and should have made them exempt. Absolutely ridiculous. Objected to the feedback but apparently it didn't contravene eBay's rules so they couldn't remove it.

I also had somebody claim a brand new work tool charger wasn't a 'fast charger' even though it clearly was and stated such on the box. It wasn't even something I was making money on and I just had a few of them spare knocking about and thought somebody else could get some use out of. Ebay ruled in their favour and I ended up out of pocket and they also left negative feedback on my profile to top it off. It's only when the buyer actually started calling me this and that offensively in private messages and I kept appealing eBay's decision and stated how dissatisfied with their 'help' was their feedback ultimately removed. Told eBay if it was myself using such language towards a buyer I'd be banned instantly and it's complete favouritism towards the buyer was scandalous.

Last edited:
Yes, all the power is with the buyer on eBay annoyingly. I sell a few items and it's ludicrous who they sometimes side with.

Somebody 'bought' something off me a while back but didn't pay and wanted to collect and pay on collection. Told them I didn't do collection but I'd try and sort something. Didn't get a reply off the buyer and didn't hear anything off them for a week until a case was brought against me!!! Ultimately the case was dropped as they hadn't paid but they were still allowed to leave feedback on an item they didn't even purchase!!!! Obviously if they've brought up a case against me it isn't going to be positive and should have made them exempt. Absolutely ridiculous. Objected to the feedback but apparently it didn't contravene eBay's rules so they couldn't remove it.

I also had somebody claim a brand new work tool charger wasn't a 'fast charger' even though it clearly was and stated such on the box. It wasn't even something I was making money on and I just had a few of them spare knocking about and thought somebody else could get some use out of. Ebay ruled in their favour and I ended up out of pocket. It's only when they buyer actually started calling me this and that offensively in private messages and I kept appealing eBay's decision and stated how dissatisfied with their 'help' was their feedback ultimately removed. Told eBay if it was myself using such language towards a buyer I'd be banned instantly and it's complete favouritism towards the buyer was scandalous.
I've seen a few people claim scammers use ebay like this. Buy high value stuff and send back fakes or broken items etc. EBay default to siding with the buyer so its easily done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.