Anyone Else Converted a Fellow Football Fan?

Ricster

Got a mate who is a Rangers fan, and he followed the Prem loosely with Chelsea cos of the affiliation between the 2 clubs. I took him to his first City game earlier this season against Birmingham, and a worst game i couldn't have picked.

While i was away in Oz, i left him my season ticket and told him if he wanted to go to a game to use my ticket and head down with my old man. He was at the Wolves game and i couldn't get him to stop talking about City. Dzeko this, Dzeko that. Tevez and his wonder goal, Yaya Toure is a beast, (Not like Gary Glitter), How nervous he was for the final 8 minutes, where the fuck did the ref get 5 minutes of injury time from, and the main thing he has been going on about, "THE POZNAN".

Now he wants to know how he can get to more games and last night he confessed Chelsea is no more and he is a City fan. He had never been to Stamford Bridge, as i said just followed results.

Living in stretford all through primary school I'd get people onto the City rollercoaster...now I've passed the baton onto my little brother; he's only 7 but already got his best mate supporting the blues it's good to see :)

I dont do conversion
I dont want more plastics and day trippers.

The only way is to get them young (in a non gary glitter way)

hence my nephew is a blue even though his dad is a rag season ticket holder.

Don't live in Manc anymore but through sheer enthusiasm, I've got a lot of people following us as a 'second team'. Definitely a lot of footie fans out there loving the shake up of the traditional top 4. In turn, I pretend to care about their team's results : )

I had a mate who'd never been to a football match before and had never really had any interest in it; his parents/grandparents weren't football fans so he never got into it. When I found this out I offered to take him to a City match, this was the Uefa Cup season under Hughes a couple of years ago. He came to all the home Uefa Cup fixtures that year and bought himself a shirt with Tevez on the back. He came to all the home Carling Cup games last year and this year he's been to most of the home Europa League games and enjoyed his first away game at Leicester a couple of weeks ago. He came to the replay on Tuesday and he'll be enjoying (hopefully) his first Premier League game next Wednesday at Birmingham.

Leicester was the first match he's been to that we haven't won but he's still got an unbeaten record which he enjoys pointing out every time he comes to the games. He's still not really a huge football fan but he looks out for City's results and really enjoys coming to the games.

I've mentioned before that 2 bro's are blues, 2 are reds (ST holders), and 1 is neutral...been taking the neutral to a few games a season and derbies for the last 3 seasons or so but this year he has been to several cup and PL games and cannot stop talking about us......its Mario this, Dzeko that..Tevez is a god, Silva a genius...etc etc. I think his Damoscean conversion is almost complete!

I've also taken customers to games and can confirm that 2 Germans who support Bayern and Munchengladbach respectively are now blues, one of them bought his 10 year old son a city top during their last visit over here!!
I've also taken several Americans to games...loved the atmosphere and passion and now follow the blues for info or games on Fox....

I converted a lot into blues in Primary School. There was only 3 original blues and it turned into about 15. Now my little sister is now converting blues in her year of Primary School.

My daughter converted a lad at primary school who had moved up here from the midlands he's a season ticket holder now

My other half is a Toon fan and works there on match days but he always roots for us especially against the top teams even to the extent of saying that when we play the Toon he'd go for a draw although I always insist on a win for the mighty blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.