Anyone else now totally "over" 81?...;-)

Wasn't over it because City should have won it on the Saturday. The disgraceful 30,000 tickets to Spurs and City then the rest going on sale at Wembley on the SUNDAY morning still pisses me off as we were outnumbered by 40,000 at the replay. Spurs played every game in London except the first semi at Hillsborough. The replay v Wolves was at Arsenal ffs. A lot of grief lifted personally for me when walking out of Wembley exactly 30 years to the day.

BTW, regarding Ricky 'The goal of the century' Villa, how come the last minute winner scored by Alan Sunderland against the Rags never gets shown? That run by Liam Brady was absolutely out of this world and is hardly ever shown......

The 3-4 and yesterday more than make up for the 2 QF losses at home but not totally 81 - I suppose that will linger until such times we have won so much that it becomes obliterated - lets hope

the only way i will get over it, is if we play them in a fa cup final and totally destroy them like yesterday

bluemanc said:
It was never about the game,it's the fact the replay was at wembley.
The replay should have been at Villa Park,NFT.
spot on bluemanc, it gave them total advantage also the sight of them spurs fans looking for agro running around with their clockwork orange boiler suits on with the star of david wrote on with black marker pen was a disgrace will live with me forever, also perrymans snub of big joe as he congratulated them on their win in their dressing room, everything was against city in that replay, never ever forget what that club is all about, they would rub your face in the dirt if you are down, give them no sympathy ?

mancunial said:
bluemanc said:
spot on bluemanc, it gave them total advantage also the sight of them spurs fans looking for agro running around with their clockwork orange boiler suits on with the star of david wrote on with black marker pen was a disgrace will live with me forever, also perrymans snub of big joe as he congratulated them on their win in their dressing room, everything was against city in that replay, never ever forget what that club is all about, they would rub your face in the dirt if you are down, give them no sympathy ?

That true about Perryman ? Why would he do that (apart from being a total coont of course)?

mike channon´s windmill said:
mancunial said:
bluemanc said:

That true about Perryman ? Why would he do that (apart from being a total coont of course)?
joe went into their dressing room looking totaly dejected, and said well done on winning the fa cup and good luck in the charity shield, joe shook is hand and perryman never even had the decency to reply or look in joes direction, their was a bad vibe through the whole game with hacket (referee) being a total rag type t--t booking as many city players as he could, i always believed that is why city players failed to get a tackle in on villa because of hackets attitude towards city, but the whole replay their was a really bad feeling.

Yesterday was brilliant but no still doesn't make up for 81 and that train journey home. Like someone else said it will need us beating them in a final to completely do it for me.

Even when we were singing about the 4-3 win I was expecting them to come back with a reference to 81. They didn't but it shows I was still thinking about it.

It was still fantastic yesterday, and having despised their fans for years it was great to see them hurting close up. And seeing Spurs 1 City 5 on their own scoreboard. Superb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.