Anyone else remember....

im sure groendiyk scored in the rained off league game ? shocking attempt at spelling his name but you all know who i mean ?

AL'S Alive said:
im sure groendiyk scored in the rained off league game ? shocking attempt at spelling his name but you all know who i mean ?

No, it was definitely Ingebrigtsen (sp?) who scored along with Vonk, though Groaningdick did play in the game IIRC.

City 1 - 1 Ipswich. Tuesday 12 December 2000.

Poll came out just before kick off, rolled the ball on the pitch it moved about 4 inches, he decided it was fit to play. The rain was unrelenting throughout and Ipswich went 1 up quite early, the game was a total farce, Dickov equalised on 23 minutes, Poll immediately abandoned it.

I can only remember 2 City games ever being abandoned in all my time going ( 30 odd years )and they were both against Ipswich, both at Maine Road and within a couple of years of each other.

Has there been any others I've forgotten?

tidyman said:
I can only remember 2 City games ever being abandoned in all my time going ( 30 odd years )and they were both against Ipswich, both at Maine Road and within a couple of years of each other.

Has there been any others I've forgotten?
The Burnley away a couple of years ago came pretty close.

interpol said:
I remember Poll abandoning the game....thought Tony Coton was going to kill him....very funny.
Lol, you're getting the 2 games mixed up, it was David Elleray that abandoned the league game in '94 when Coton went mental. Poll abandoned the Cup tie in 2000.

Henry Hill said:
City 1 - 1 Ipswich. Tuesday 12 December 2000.

Poll came out just before kick off, rolled the ball on the pitch it moved about 4 inches, he decided it was fit to play. The rain was unrelenting throughout and Ipswich went 1 up quite early, the game was a total farce, Dickov equalised on 23 minutes, Poll immediately abandoned it.

That was the one I was thinking of. The rain was cruel.

I was at the game when Vonk scored,iirc one of the Ipswich players tried a passback and the ball just stopped in the standing water and Vonk ran on and hit hit it first time to the keepers right. Honestly cant remember the first goal though but do remember Coton apologising after the game to the ref. Pretty we were in a relegation zone at the time and obviously we needed the win.

The one with Alan Kernaghan scoring,wasnt that in the cup against Leicester where he scored just inside the halfway line? Im sure David Oldfield scored a blinder against us for them but we still won 4-1. Was this the game when Ingebritsen scored a hattrick?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.