Anyone else think we got psyched out on sunday?

For me too many defensive players had very poor games - Yaya was lost and looked short of match fitness (understandable), Kompany had one of his very rare off games and Richards was poor too. When I say that Lescott and Kolarov looked the best defensively that shows how bad the others were doing. De Jong was decent (except his wayward pass) but was covering for far too many who weren't at the races.

A city defence who were playing at their best wouldn't have struggled anywhere near as badly as that and I include the shaky first half performance where by luck Ushited failed to create anything of great danger. I'm not overly worried about a pre-season performance where we looked poor, the league is where it's at.

We looked off the pace, they looked like they were in the regular season. We looked like we were in pre-season. We'll smack the bastards in a game that actually matters though this year.

after HT I honestly think the players thought they could close this out.. no problem based on last seasons displays when we where defensiveley the best in the prem... but football is about building momentum and you can't simply switch it on when you feel like it , when its starts proper we will be better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.