Anyone have an Alexa Dot gen4?

If you want a laugh...

My wife has a hard time with Alexa understanding her. My wife doesn't have a strong accent and speaks very clearly to her.
Yet for some reason, Alexa either mishears her or doesn't get what she wants.
So she spends most of the day shouting "Alexa!!!"

Yet when i speak, she responds straight away.
Getting frustrated, my wife asked me what is she doing wrong.

So i told her that Alexa has probably fallen out with her. And that if she thanked her and complemented her now and again she would probably forgive her.
Now my wife is very bright and not easily taken in. So she just told me "Yeah right" and to "piss off".

On leaving the room, i listened in. I her her quietly apologise to Alexa and thanked her for all the hard work!!!
On hearing this, i burst out laughing. The wife heard me and came running out trying to slap me! :)

Women!
Brilliant. :)

I don't have Alexa, as my Mrs has more than enough reasons to run out of rooms and slap me as it is, thank you very much.

It’s great btw (came yesterday).
Literally ‘play bbc5 live’ and immediately footy is on within seconds.
Sound quality way better than my laptop speakers and I’m pretty impressed.
Love the ‘cyborg/ai/robot’ vibe from the responsive light underneath.
Spotify works a treat....she even tried to organise a date with me this morning...not quite ana de anas in Blade Runner mind...

Thanks for the help y’all.

B0DD55EC-B839-4BCD-B207-045F623D2B15.jpeg

....also, has anyone who has an Alexa been able to source cheaper (that work!) cables?
Was hoping this was a USB plug so I could leave the main plug in the bedroom and then just bring the cable into my living room/office in the day and plug the power via USB into my laptop.

....also, has anyone who has an Alexa been able to source cheaper (that work!) cables?
Was hoping this was a USB plug so I could leave the main plug in the bedroom and then just bring the cable into my living room/office in the day and plug the power via USB into my laptop.
Amazon, has loads

They've dropped the price from £50 to £35 on amazon.
I'm in a flat for the foreseeable so won't be looking into getting any decent sound system till I eventually get my own place.
But as it stands I just have my laptop for 'sounds' and this option sounds like a decent stopgap...or not?

Echo Dot G4
We have the older versions and they sound more than okay tbh I can't see why the newer version wouldn't be the same.

Just bought one of these, it may be me being sinple but one fairly serious flaw seems to be that you have to connect it through the app on your phone and it only works with one phone at a time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.