Anyone help?

Bellers_a_hero

Trying to figure out when my first ever City match was, of what I can remember I'm sure we were playing against Norwich some time near October at Main Rd. The match finished 3-1 I think and I remember Darren Huckerby scoring, not sure whether it was for us or Norwich though.

Also in that season I went to the match vs West Ham at Main Rd, where I think Les Ferdinand got stretched off with suspected broken leg from a challenge with our keeper I think.

I'm guessing this was around the 2000-2001 season but can't find anything.

I have these memories but not sure when it was.

your memories seem a little out off, trying to figure it out...

we beat norwich 3-1 that season tho huckerby didnt score, berkovic 2 and wanchope pem, tiatto sent off about feruary/march?

we beat gillingham 4-1 around october time tho with huckerby scoring

no idea where west ham or les ferdinand come into it tho..

Hmm - in 2000/2001 we were top flight but Norwich were not.
Following season we didn't play West Ham and we played Norwich in about Feb and won 3-1 - Tiatto sent off after about 5 mins and Berko scored wonder dribble goal. Don't think Huckerby scored for us.
Previous time to that v Norwich was in 2000 (Feb?) when we won 3-1 and Mark Kennedy scored twice. Don't think Huckerby involved.

eshiers1 said:

we beat norwich 3-1 that season tho huckerby didnt score, berkovic 2 and wanchope pem, tiatto sent off about feruary/march?

We didnt play Norwich that season, we did beat them 3-1 the year before and the year after (the game you mention above) Huckerby only played in the latter so I guess it was that one.

Just checked and we played WHU 15 months later and Ferdinand was subbed off in that one?

bluesmith said:
eshiers1 said:

We didnt play Norwich that season, we did beat them 3-1 the year before and the year after (the game you mention above) Huckerby only played in the latter so I guess it was that one

i meant to add this was the 01/02 season

eshiers1 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=97144&cc=5739#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=97144&cc=5739#</a> just found this about which talks about the Les Ferdinand incident. It must've been another match around the 2001-2003/2002-2003 time then, maybe not Norwich?

Bellers_a_hero said:
eshiers1 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=97144&cc=5739#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=97144&cc=5739#</a> just found this about which talks about the Les Ferdinand incident. It must've been another match around the 2001-2003/2002-2003 time then, maybe not Norwich?

oh yeh i remember this game!

ferdinand injured after colliding with schmeichael

huckerby only scored once for us that season in the league, 1-4 loss to charlton at home though he did score in a 3-2 fa cup win over birmingham (morrison and goater pen the others)

Bellers_a_hero said:
Trying to figure out when my first ever City match was, of what I can remember I'm sure we were playing against Norwich some time near October at Main Rd. The match finished 3-1 I think and I remember Darren Huckerby scoring, not sure whether it was for us or Norwich though.

Also in that season I went to the match vs West Ham at Main Rd, where I think Les Ferdinand got stretched off with suspected broken leg from a challenge with our keeper I think.

I'm guessing this was around the 2000-2001 season but can't find anything.

I have these memories but not sure when it was.

Your first match was towards the back end of the season just ended!!!!

Gloryhunter!!!!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.