Anyone know any City scouts working in South West/Wales?

discombobu

I know scouting was half being discussed in the Emilio Lawrence thread but thought this may be better as a separate thread.

As per the title, does anyone know of any City scouts who work in the South West/Wales?

I coach an U11s team in South East Wales and we have a kid (not my kid) who is quite simply unreal. Foden/Messi levels of skill and dribbling, unbelievable workrate, most games he will tackle someone in our box, then run the full length of the pitch, taking on every player, and score. He's not bigger than the other players, just infinitely naturally skilfull. To top it all off, he is a proper down to earth kid and has really nice parents who don't push or force the issue at all. He just loves playing football, and he is the best kid I've ever seen.

We have started to get local pro clubs (Cardiff and Bristol City) sniffing around him but although he lives in South Wales, I want to give City the tip on him if I can because I'm a City fan! I know kids out of the area are not as easy to tie down but the City site says they have scouts working across the UK so they must have some process for it, and wondered if anyone knew any.

We don't want to lose him but it feels inevitable now, and so I'd rather he went to City :)

Cheers!

Foden/messi level of skills? Haha cmon mate you can’t compare u11 kids to messi/foden.

Do you have any clips? If he really is that good the chances are by now he would of been snapped up.

If you have clips I can pass them on to a City scout no problem

Foden/messi level of skills? Haha cmon mate you can’t compare u11 kids to messi/foden.

Do you have any clips? If he really is that good the chances are by now he would of been snapped up.

If you have clips I can pass them on to a City scout no problem
I totally missed this reply sorry, appreciate the response. I’ll get some videos :)

So,still with you and no interest?
Yep, still with us. I understand everyone’s comments that if he was that good he would have been snapped up, but it’s not always that black and white.

We live in a weird black hole scouting wise as it’s rural Wales and only 7 teams in the league (and in Wales leagues are not allowed to be competitive until U12, so no league table, etc). The only time any teams in our league get scouts down is during the summer tournament that features all the clubs playing at the same time. He was on holiday last year and there wasn’t a tournament for 2 years prior to it due to covid.

He had interest last year from Bristol Rovers and Cardiff (I think through word of mouth from other teams coaches as he is well known as the best player in the league) but I dont think it ever went as far as a trial, I don’t know why that is, I’m a mere U11s coach.

We have summer tournaments coming up, and this Sept our team goes competitive in a full league format so I suspect there will be more scope to be scouted locally.

I have no reason to be biased. He’s not my kid! My Messi Foden comments were tongue in cheek but he is easily the best dribbler I’ve seen at all youth age groups, he literally never, ever gets tackled, he just waltzes through. I suspect his biggest weakness in the past has been that he was too nice, but this year he has added a lot of bite to his game. In terms of natural gifts, he is exceptional.

I was merely curious on the City scouting regionally front as I don’t know how it works when a kid is that young.

Thanks for the replies.

U11 is actually quite late believe it or not kids are in from U6. There is a Welsh U17 player at the club who was scouted and brought in very young from North Wales but not sure which area. They really don’t miss anything but maybe yours is an extreme case. Get him in a high quality tournament in Manchester in the summer and he will be seen. Reddish Vulcans run a champions cup tournament that is always flooded with scouts

Yep good advice, as in wales he’s most probably playing against dross every week at grass roots level, making him look better than what he actually is

U11 is actually quite late believe it or not kids are in from U6. There is a Welsh U17 player at the club who was scouted and brought in very young from North Wales but not sure which area. They really don’t miss anything but maybe yours is an extreme case. Get him in a high quality tournament in Manchester in the summer and he will be seen. Reddish Vulcans run a champions cup tournament that is always flooded with scouts
Oh yeah I know kids are normally in much younger, I do think where we live is such a weird anomaly though.

Our season is over now so I’ll let his dad know about the Reddish tournament, thanks mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.