Anyone recommend me 4K tv?

I remember seeing the first plasma in Harrods in 98 it was £12k! New tech always costs a lot but TVs are overpriced at the moment, I’ll go full 4k OLED in around 2 years when prices will drop significantly

OLED is definitely the future. It's inherently better technology than LCD, although in current form has lots of "issues" they won't tell you about in the shops, or the reviews actually. I've got a 65" LG OLED and when it's good, it's awesome. But with a low quality signal and some near-black scenes, it's truly abysmal, and I do mean abysmal. Banding, posterization, vignetting, verticle lines visible, colour banding. It can be really really bad. This "marvel" cost me £4k!

Give it a couple of years and they'll be banging 65" Oleds out at 1/4 of this price and they will have all these teething problems well sorted. BTW, don't bother getting anything less than 65" if you want to benefit from 4k. Unless you want to sit 3 feet away, you won't be able to tell the difference on a 55" or smaller.

I'm assuming you have a slightly older 65" OLED?

I avoided the 65" due to some of the problems mentioned, but the latest 65"'s although still not perfect are better. My 55C7 is near flawless. It does have some slight vertical banding when viewing test slides at 5% grey, but nothing that i have seen to date in actual normal viewing. In fact the only flaw i would say most people would see is a slight colour shift when going off centre. But that is down to the anti-reflective coating.

I'm assuming you have a slightly older 65" OLED?

I avoided the 65" due to some of the problems mentioned, but the latest 65"'s although still not perfect are better. My 55C7 is near flawless. It does have some slight vertical banding when viewing test slides at 5% grey, but nothing that i have seen to date in actual normal viewing. In fact the only flaw i would say most people would see is a slight colour shift when going off centre. But that is down to the anti-reflective coating.
They are getting better with every generation for sure. Mine's a 65EF950V and to be honest I've been pretty disappointed with it. I wish I'd hung on for a later model but before that I had a Pioneer Kuro and unfortunately it broke so I had to get something. Wish I'd got a cheap LCD as a stop gap.

Still think they are a couple of years away with OLEDs to really nail it. Some of the lcds, the blacks are very impressive considering how they are lit (the 9305, given its edge lit, is ridiculous).

The earlier point was spot on though, unless you are going to sit really close, its not really worth 4K and hdr absolutely isn’t worth it unless you spend at least £1000. The other key thing is the sources you put into
it.

I personally can’t wait for 4K projectors to drop in price especially if they do 3D as well, it’s a different beast at home compared to the cinema

Jumping right on this thread bandwagon, anyone recommend a 32 inch (ish) smart tv with everything a 13 year old lad would need on it for about £300 or a bit less.

Was going halves with his witch of a mother on a new phone for Christmas, she decided to inform me yesterday she was gettting him that herself so need to think of something he wants/needs in a pretty short space of time.

Jumping right on this thread bandwagon, anyone recommend a 32 inch (ish) smart tv with everything a 13 year old lad would need on it for about £300 or a bit less.

Was going halves with his witch of a mother on a new phone for Christmas, she decided to inform me yesterday she was gettting him that herself so need to think of something he wants/needs in a pretty short space of time.

just make sure it's xhamster ready...

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1384828 £180 32"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.