Anyone Think Sturridge Might Make It Into the 2010 WC Squad?

He didnt even get in the Under 21 squad, I dont think he's on Capello's radar at the moment.

He wont get enough matches for Chelsea to make an impact anyway.

seeing as he has not been able to break into the under 21's yet i would say no. He may have an outside chance if they send him out on loan and their is a lot of injuries to the strikers ahead of him

psut1 said:
seeing as he has not been able to break into the under 21's yet i would say no. He may have an outside chance if they send him out on loan and their is a lot of injuries to the strikers ahead of him

He hasn't made the U21 squad because of injuries!

Doubt it as I don't think he will play too many games for Chelsea next season.

Of course he might, but it would take an injury crisis at Chelsea, but if that happened, and he could bag 15 league goals(that if he stays injury free he is capable of doing)then he has a shot. Anyone that's English and "plays" for a big 4 club has a shot, look at Ben Foster.

Not until he gets proper starts at Chelsea. Can't see him being anything more than making a few starts in cup games and the odd substitute appearance when Chelsea have the game relatively sewn up. Anelka and Drogba will be starting and Capello won't gamble on a player who is unproven and will only have a season of substitute appearances at Chelsea under his belt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.