Anyone watch boxing?

been watching martin murray, twice... the lads a top guy,, i organised a charity night recently,and he gave me a signed glove for the auction,, nice lad no bullshit,, plus es the bollocks in the ring..

jacko8684 said:
I go and watch a local lad from round our way ...Scott Quigg...
Were going to Stoke on the 19th for his next one...Hes under Ricky Hattons guidance and is doing really well...
anyone else go to these smaller boxing events, and if so, who do u go to watch??
I've spoken to Scott a few times now and found him to be a nice lad (except for being a red).He really has got the right attitude as far as i can see.He does'nt drink,trains very hard and knows what he wants.I think the lad will go very far in the sport,i wish him well.

meeesh said:
I am a good mate of Michael Jennings,tough little fighter from Chorley,getting towards the back of his career a bit now,but had some good nights watching the Chorley Lurcher.

Highlight for me has to be when he knocked out Jimmy Vincent,in first minute at Bolton Arena,half of Chorley was there and even though we paid £30 for tickets it was a great night for him to do the business so early.

Put it this way Amir Khan was on after Mick but the arena half emptied when he came on....we only went to see the Jennings...to see the Jennings

Good lad as well,but not really into his football,he is good mates with all the Manchester boxers as he trains there,Gomez being his best mate from the boxing circuit I would say

Jennings is always at these events, he owns a security firm doesnt he?
Yea, Ive seen him fight twice, hes a tough little bleeder.
He was out of his depth vs Cotto, but fair play for taking the fight.

I have recently started a new job to my delight and horror one of the security guards is Wayne Rigby I was absolutley delighted to meet Wayne who was described by Barry Mcguigan as the bravest boxer to enter a boxing ring.
The horror part is how a former British champion has been terated by the money men if you fellas do know these up and coming fighters tell them to be careful in and ouside of the boxing ring.
I know Wayne quite well now and he and all fighters really do deserve better.

Where i live there use to be loads of young boxers going to local boxing gym, these days though their all sted heads and into cage fighting.

4HeatonsBlue said:
For the irish blues

John Duddy - I was in a room next to his brother at Uni - how is he doing?

John Duddy is being well looked after now. Had problems with his old promotor and is now with Top Rank in the US. Most of his fights are in the US and he could have boxed for a World title last year against Kelly Pavlik but for a nasty cut over his head. In his next fight after that he got beaten on points but has since come back with 2 wins. His next fight is on the undercard of Manny Pacquio card in the Cowboys Stadium in Texas on the weekend before Paddys day. If he wins that he could well end up fighting for a World title some time this year. The Irish Americans love him and he has filled out MSG a number of times so far. So it makes sense in America to get him a world title shot if he gets past his next fight as he is a big ticket seller over there.

As for Duddys brother I havn't got a clue how he is doing............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.