Anyone watching Barca and Madrid tonight?

Mayor West

Barca just beat Getafe 2-1 but in truth it could have benn 20, and Madrid are 2-0 up at half time.

Just watching them play is a joy, but got me thinking really how far City have got to go to be considered one of the best teams in Europe. Their play at times, especially Barca is simply breathtaking.

Does anyone think we wil ever be that good and if so how long will it take to get there?

Godfather said:
Barca just beat Getafe 2-0 but in truth it could have benn 20, and Madrid are 2-0 up at half time.

Just watching them play is a joy, but got me thinking really how far City have got to go to be considered one of the best teams in Europe. Their play at times, especially Barca is simply breathtaking.

Does anyone think we wil ever be that good and if so how long will it take to get there?

Barca are fantastic. But imo the spanish league is quite poor. I know most people will disagree.

Two of the best teams in the world. To be the best you've got to beat the best but also to beat the shit teams aswell. We just lost against one of the lower placed teams, so I'd say we're a fair way off just yet.

C_T_I_D said:
Two of the best teams in the world. To be the best you've got to beat the best but also to beat the shit teams aswell. We just lost against one of the lower placed teams, so I'd say we're a fair way off just yet.

True, but lets not forget Chelsea just scrapped a draw at Hull only a few days ago...

vincent said:
C_T_I_D said:

True, but lets not forget Chelsea just scrapped a draw at Hull only a few days ago...

Chelsea is a very good example of what this thread is about really, they have had major investment for 6/7 years now and are no-where near the level of barca or madrid this season, so even with even more investment than chelsea, will we ever be that good?

That's true Vincent but they'll make sure it is a blip tommorow when they play Arsenal in another huge game for them. They better bloody had do anyway after the rags won by that goal margin!

I just hope we make sure this shite performance is a blip and that we beat the inbreds.

Godfather said:
Barca just beat Getafe 2-0 but in truth it could have benn 20, and Madrid are 2-0 up at half time.

Watched the Barca game. After the red card and against Getafe, Barca was always going to struggle at home.
I had a bet on that game for over 2.5 goals and almost lost but for a penalty to Getafe in the last 10 seconds of ET.

I too thought of the GULF is class between Barcelona and City and to be honest, after watching Barcelona play, it makes you wonder what the hell is going on at City. Its just a totally different quality with Barca. Every players fights for the win and nothings less and they don't stop, they don't take breaks, they just try to score as much as they can right from the kick-off.

The City we've seen the past 2 games was absolutely horrendous.
No creativity. Players lacking basic ball control skills. No shots on goal. No build up play that had more than 5 passes.
No passion to get a result.

At times we couldn't even get the ball out of own half.

Barca? No way I can see City playing like Barca any time soon. Maybe under Hughes it was possible (as much as I wanted him out and still have no regrets he's gone) because Hughes had an attacking style of football that was attractive.

Still trying to figure out Mancini, but he has my full support.
Any more performances like Portsmouth and Hull and 4th place is only a dream.

Godfather said:
vincent said:

Chelsea is a very good example of what this thread is about really, they have had major investment for 6/7 years now and are no-where near the level of barca or madrid this season, so even with even more investment than chelsea, will we ever be that good?

Really ? It was only a couple of months ago I saw a shit Milan team tear Madrid apart, at home too. As I said, for me the Spanish league is overrated.

vincent said:
Godfather said:

Really ? It was only a couple of months ago I saw a shit Milan team tear Madrid apart, at home too. As I said, for me the Spanish league is overrated.

Well ok lets not get into specific matches, im just saying the general standard of player and level of all round play.

Messi's goal tonight was quite simply world class, sick of saying it, the guy is just sublime and no one comes close to him in world football.

The commentator kept saying 'Kolo Toure', he said it twice in 10 seconds for the assist from Toure for Messi's finish.

the ball must of started about 2 yards wider than the post, how he got the curl i don't know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.