Apparently our squad for Stoke game!

.....................................Given..........................

...........Richards .... Onuoha .... Lescott ..... Bridge

...... Viera .......... De Jong..... Barry....

SWP ...... .............. ........ Johnson

............................. Ade

or

.....................................Given..........................

...........Richards .... Onuoha .... Lescott ..... Bridge

...... Viera .......... De Jong.....

SWP ...... ...... Johnson ........ Petrov

............................ Ade

Richards over Zab as he's better in the air. I think Toure will start in place of Ned though, and will be the first one with Kolo in place of Ned. Only thing that concerns me about that is the lack of support or a player in the box in that formation - Ade likes to wander and so I can imagine us having three players on the wing and none in the box, unless Viera can solve that.

scotty said:
johnny crossan said:
Sweep, Petrov and Johnson - you havin' a laf??
Never trust the Guardian btw - Roque is fit and I'll reckon he'll be up front with Ade again

I didn't say pick a team you think Mancini will play you Baffoon, just pick a team that you woul like to see and could go to Stoke and Win, and possible you may get your selection,,,by the way, ADE and RSC didnt start up front together did they or was i missing something, and when he did come on he was hopeless, AGAIN
I didn't think he was that bad, he is probably due another injury though.

sweep said:
scotty said:
I didn't say pick a team you think Mancini will play you Baffoon, just pick a team that you woul like to see and could go to Stoke and Win, and possible you may get your selection,,,by the way, ADE and RSC didnt start up front together did they or was i missing something, and when he did come on he was hopeless, AGAIN
I didn't think he was that bad, he is probably due another injury though.

They was as bad as each other Sweep, only Bridge had a decent game for me, although SWP was okay i suppose, not sure about M.O.M award though

I want him to play:

-------------Given

Richards, Onuoha, Lescott, Bridge

SWP, Barry, De Jong, Johnson

-------------Ireland

--------------Ade

I suspect he will play:

-------------Given

Richards, Toure, Onuoha, Boyata, Lescott, Bridge

-----Zabaleta, De Jong, Vieira, Barry

Come on lads we can get a 0-0 here.

i've been thinking about this for a while now. When we play physical teams and long ball teams (away), why not play with 4 "centre-backs". What i mean by this is;

Richards at rightback
Toure/Boyata at Centre
Kompany/Onuoha at centre
Lescott at leftback

It might be a bit of a silly idea but it could help us deal with that annoyingly effective throw in of stoke's.

This way we could then have a slightly more attack minded midfield and play with one holding mid (De Jong) and have a diamond midfield.

De Jong

SWP Petrov/ Johnson

Ireland/Tevez

Then play 2 big strikers up top, RSC and Ade.

Obviously i know that some of the players ive mentioned, aren't available tomorrow but its just an idea. Maybe even a tactic we could resort to if the throw begins to cause problems. It also means we'd have the height on the pitch to deal with another flaw of ours, defending set pieces.

--------------Given--------------

Richards--Onuoha--Lescott--Bridge

---------Vieira----de Jong--------

SWP---------Ireland-----A.Johnson

------------Adebayor------------

SUBS: Taylor, Toure, Zabaleta, Barry, Petrov, Ibrahim, RSC

....................Given

Richards....Toure...Lescott....Bridge

.........DeJong.......Barry

SWP.........Ireland..........Johnson

................RSC

However I think Bobby Manc will start with the same eleven as on Saturday with the exception of Johnson for Petrov

scotty said:
johnny crossan said:
Sweep, Petrov and Johnson - you havin' a laf??
Never trust the Guardian btw - Roque is fit and I'll reckon he'll be up front with Ade again

check, your preferred team includes Sweep & Johnson & Petrov

check, you think I posted that Ade & RSC started on Saturday

check, you think RSC's contribution was hopeless as it has been on the other occasions he's played

how can I put this kindly....?
I can't I'm afraid
you need to think before you write ... although if you do it may be a long time before we read anything from you again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.