Apple Mini Mac

chanceathefarpost

HNY to my fellow blues. Just wondering of anyone with a bit of knowledge / experience of Apple Mini Mac could give me some advice. I'm basically looking to get a new computer for less than £500 and have been warned to steer clear of Windows 8 machines as I've been told they're quite unreliable. I don't know how true this is. I've used a Macbook for the least 3 years and haven't worked with Windows since XP.
I really like the Apple OS, and have been looking at whether the Mini Mac would be worth spending almost £500 on. It seems to come with the software that I already like using etc… but I was just wondering if I can expect a similar experience as my MBP for what appears to be half the price. I know that it doesn't come with a mouse / keyboard / monitor, but I can easily fix myself up with these bits of kit until I can afford the Magic Trackpad etc…
Perhaps someone could give me an bit of advice as to whether the Mini Mac is all it seems to be….
Thanks

I've had one for last 12 months running through the tv in my living room as a family computer / media centre. They're fantastic and exactly the same apple experience as a mbp or mba.

blue fingers said:
I've had one for last 12 months running through the tv in my living room as a family computer / media centre. They're fantastic and exactly the same apple experience as a mbp or mba.

Yep I've had mine doing the exactly the same for about 3 years. I normally screen share onto my laptop to start movies, watch football streams etc. but I have the wireless keyboard and trackpad too.

The kids like using their iPhones as game controllers to play games on it :-)

Win8 is simply the operating system, why not just put win7 on it ?
The price difference between apple and anyone else is large mate.

For 500 quid you could have a good mid range pc.
They also have sexy sleek cases now to.

Bought mine last year and got to say its a great bit of kit ! I've got other apple stuff and all integrates well and has some good quirks . I bought a SuperDrive for it just so I could sort out my cd collection and also bought a trackpad which is easy to use . Personally no regrets !

Been using mine for a media hub, integrates seamlessly with my Apple TV and ipad/iPhone, onky thing is it doesn't play too many games, a PC is a bit more flexible but I prefer the mac as it's never crashed on me yet, unlike my past PCs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.