Approaching the season end.

the blue panther

Every year as we're approaching the season's end, I start to feel increasing frustration and sadness, knowing that things are coming to an end. It isn't a new thing, even when we were shit 25 years ago it was always a privilege and pleasure just to be there, among kindred spirits. I had a similar thing near the end of most games, as the clock ticks round to 90 minutes - hoping we're going to get another goal - or not concede another - just not wanting it to end.
Yesterday, having a pint in Mary D's after the game, it felt awful, knowing that this was the last home game - even though we'd had all the presentation hullabaloo.
I find that it's accentuated these days, when we're playing brilliant football. I don't want it to end, but know that it soon will.
I can't wait for the games to come round, but as they are running out, there's an increasing emptyness approaching.
I think it's definitely worse with the ageing process - not far off 60 seasons now. This feeling's always been there.
I've got family but City are just as big a part of it - my life. I feel lost when it stops, but it seems worse as the season's end approaches.
I mentioned it to a mate yesterday who's older than me and he said he feels the same.
Do you guys feel similar?

Every year as we're approaching the season's end, I start to feel increasing frustration and sadness, knowing that things are coming to an end. It isn't a new thing, even when we were shit 25 years ago it was always a privilege and pleasure just to be there, among kindred spirits. I had a similar thing near the end of most games, as the clock ticks round to 90 minutes - hoping we're going to get another goal - or not concede another - just not wanting it to end.
Yesterday, having a pint in Mary D's after the game, it felt awful, knowing that this was the last home game - even though we'd had all the presentation hullabaloo.
I find that it's accentuated these days, when we're playing brilliant football. I don't want it to end, but know that it soon will.
I can't wait for the games to come round, but as they are running out, there's an increasing emptyness approaching.
I think it's definitely worse with the ageing process - not far off 60 seasons now. This feeling's always been there.
I've got family but City are just as big a part of it - my life. I feel lost when it stops, but it seems worse as the season's end approaches.
I mentioned it to a mate yesterday who's older than me and he said he feels the same.
Do you guys feel similar?
Great post. 100% get this. Being with kindred spirits in good times and bad leaves a lasting impression.
The countdown will begin to the new season once the last whistle is blown of this fantastic season.

I feel very similar and always feel like it impacts my enjoyment in the moment. Eventually though I do adapt and it’s nice to watch other sports without the stress and hassle.

I often enjoy a pleasant stroll in the park, especially on a sunny day. Breathing in the spring air, the smell of freshly cut grass, birdsong and bees collecting pollen. And I'll find some shade under a tree, where I can sit and read a book within the dark shadow, cast by the canopy of leaves, a black shadow. BLACK. THE BLACK HOLE OF DEATH. Don't lock me under the stairs mummy, I'll be a good little boy. BLACK, LIKE THE EXPANSE OF SPACE WHERE NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM. BLACK, LIKE THE BOTTOM OF A COLD CANAL. BLACK LIKE THE THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.