Approaching the season end.

I feel mixed really but know what you mean OP. These seasons now build up to such a head of steam and excitement that it really does take it out of you. Plus I'm finding that I'm hungover 3 times a week at the minute so I am, like somebody else has said, looking forward to spending time with the Mrs and a summer holiday with the family, before we get sucked right back up into it all again. :)

Every year as we're approaching the season's end, I start to feel increasing frustration and sadness, knowing that things are coming to an end. It isn't a new thing, even when we were shit 25 years ago it was always a privilege and pleasure just to be there, among kindred spirits. I had a similar thing near the end of most games, as the clock ticks round to 90 minutes - hoping we're going to get another goal - or not concede another - just not wanting it to end.
Yesterday, having a pint in Mary D's after the game, it felt awful, knowing that this was the last home game - even though we'd had all the presentation hullabaloo.
I find that it's accentuated these days, when we're playing brilliant football. I don't want it to end, but know that it soon will.
I can't wait for the games to come round, but as they are running out, there's an increasing emptyness approaching.
I think it's definitely worse with the ageing process - not far off 60 seasons now. This feeling's always been there.
I've got family but City are just as big a part of it - my life. I feel lost when it stops, but it seems worse as the season's end approaches.
I mentioned it to a mate yesterday who's older than me and he said he feels the same.
Do you guys feel similar?
I'm glad of the emotional break the end of the season brings. Life feels a little bit dead footy wise, but there's always the transfer speculation to keep me going until the pre-season games start again.

It's when the pre-season games are in full swing that I can't wait for the full bloodied football business to restart.

Years ago I used to switch to football from the Southern Hemisphere where I'd be on the lookout for the next big thing, but I've stopped it now, because in 2014 I realised I was watching football during all my spare time & not living life, so I forcibly stopped myself from watching wall to wall football on the telly.

If you have the platforms & devices, you'll find there's always a televised match going on somewhere in the world.

I now find the 3 month summer break gives me a chance to recharge my emotional batteries, so I'm bursting to go again when the new season starts. Too much of anything isn't good imo... )(

I’ll probably have to speak to Mrsery a couple of times now over the next 3months!

The last couple of weeks has nearly done me in with the stress of it all,
Not only the results, the tickets, planning etc,
It’s a bloody full time job!

Roll on August and off we go again.

I’ll probably have to speak to Mrsery a couple of times now over the next 3months!

The last couple of weeks has nearly done me in with the stress of it all,
Not only the results, the tickets, planning etc,
It’s a bloody full time job!

Roll on August and off we go again.
Sounds like you need to give her a job as your secretary;)

It's my wallet that needs the break.
It's expensive being a match going fan.
And the wife loves (i think she does)getting her husband back for 3 months CTID

Every year as we're approaching the season's end, I start to feel increasing frustration and sadness, knowing that things are coming to an end. It isn't a new thing, even when we were shit 25 years ago it was always a privilege and pleasure just to be there, among kindred spirits. I had a similar thing near the end of most games, as the clock ticks round to 90 minutes - hoping we're going to get another goal - or not concede another - just not wanting it to end.
Yesterday, having a pint in Mary D's after the game, it felt awful, knowing that this was the last home game - even though we'd had all the presentation hullabaloo.
I find that it's accentuated these days, when we're playing brilliant football. I don't want it to end, but know that it soon will.
I can't wait for the games to come round, but as they are running out, there's an increasing emptyness approaching.
I think it's definitely worse with the ageing process - not far off 60 seasons now. This feeling's always been there.
I've got family but City are just as big a part of it - my life. I feel lost when it stops, but it seems worse as the season's end approaches.
I mentioned it to a mate yesterday who's older than me and he said he feels the same.
Do you guys feel similar?
I think the not wanting it to end is an ageing thing. At almost 65 I feel the same, sad the season has come to an end, tinged with worry that I might not see another season out. I do very little socially nowadays, so watching City live is the highlight of my life now. I never want it to end.

Football is like a good TV Drama. Full of tension and excitement. Sure it will be boring for 2-3 months but when it starts again. The fun returns.

Sometimes it's nice to have a break and then the magic and spark returns when it restarts again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.